Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How much

Views : 1026

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2010, 15:52   #1
bogart
Master Member

Default How much

Have an 2002(52) D5 needed to be got shot off. Bodywork is okayish, 4 good Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres, 6mm tread left, engine pulls fine uses no oil and gives a good mpg. Seven seats and all the usual gubbins, even has a fully working dim.
Only problem is the gearbox. When very hot the reverse can be a bit of a dog. Slow to engage and may judder on taking up the drive. Is usable if one knows how to go about it. Only happens when hot.
I cannot be bothered getting it sorted and as I say will sell it, pointing out the reverse fault.
Any idea of what I should pitch it at? Will go on Ebay any time now.

ps I'm the 5th owner and there is some service history
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 16:33   #2
storming

Default gearbox

Have you tried having the gearbox flushed?
storming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 18:01   #3
bogart
Master Member

Yes did that as soon as I bought it. Funny thing is I'm not sure if it worked before I did that and I hence caused the problem. Bought at auction and didn't get any reply from previous owner. I tried umpteen things and all to no avail. So it has to go.
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 18:57   #4
storming

Default gearbox

When I brought mine i bottled it and got volvo to flush with the right grade oil.
What is the mileage like?
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 21:58   #5
bogart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storming View Post
When I brought mine i bottled it and got volvo to flush with the right grade oil.
What is the mileage like?
165K Bet it cost a fair bit getting a stealer to do it.
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 21:33   #6
storming

Default gearbox flush

Spoke to the service manager and he has able to get did done for around one hundred and 120 pounds, what a diffence it made. Before I brought the car the chap that I got the car from worked in kwik fit, he said he had flushed the box himself (alarm bells).
The box felt very lumpy coming down the gears, after the flush great.

Try speak to the service Manager and beat him down on price say how you just brought the car tears ect..
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 09:36   #7
bogart
Master Member

Drained some of the fluid out last night and looked very brown. Was nice and pink when flushed only 2500 miles ago. Surprised it's in that state so soon. Anyway I managed to change around 6 litres of it last night, makes no difference whatsoever!