Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

engine management and re-map?

Views : 1023

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 23:21   #1
Andy R

Default engine management and re-map?

All,

Well after being delighted with my new to me 2010 xc90, 34k miles D5, it let me down this morning. I had the engine remapped by shark, to give 225bhp, which transformed overtaking on welsh a roads,but as I live in Powys, used the remote version and bought the thingy to install the map.

Last month it went into limp mode and I reinstalled the original map and then the stage one map, and all was fine. A glitch I thought.....this morning at 6am it did the same a mile from home ( I was going to high wycombe) I reinstalled the new map, then the old, the error `engine system maintenance required ` stayed up, so I limped back home and took the wife's car.

Frustratingly the AA found nothing wrong with it at 11am, but I'm taking it into William A Lewis in shrewsbury in the morning to check its not anything else (original map installed)

Anyone any ideas? Or had anything similar? I hope its not the remap.

Any independent Volvo garages near my location? Between oswestry and welshpool?

Andy R
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 00:21   #2
Ducklakeview
239,450 miles & counting!

Have to say, it sounds like a problem with the new "map"...
Ducklakeview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 00:57   #3
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Part of the softload procedure (adding removing the map) is clearing codes, so when it first happened and you took the map off and on any codes/error message will have been cleared, althought the problem may not have been resolved, the light has come back on when the car is running the standard map I think that would indicate there an issue. (and not necessarily with the remap) although it may be worth contacting shark and they can reveiw the data from the softloader to see if there is an issue with the map.

I too have a Shark remap via a softloader and had an issue in that the first time I put the remap on I jsut ended up with a load of error warnings on the dash and it wouldn't even start, but they sent me a standard map and had it sorted in about 40mins, they then spent 24HRs tweeking the map to my car and it went on fine on the second install, and its been fine since (albeit they've not another tweek to make the map suit my driving better.)
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 07:30   #4
John_C
Allons-y!

It could be any one of a number of things and could be completely unrelated to the remap. Best way to go is to get the fault codes read and go from there.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 13:42   #5
shark90
Shark Performance

Hi Andy

It is possible to purchase an add-on for the Softloader that will read and delete fault codes, this means we might be able to help without it costing you extra in diagnostics a garage.

If we can help in any way, of course we will do so, and if the issue can be worked around in the map, then we will certainly do that too.

Regards

Ben
t: 01623 332233

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 23:55   #6
Andy R

Default not the map, was a diesel partculate sensor failure

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies, it wasn't the map, but was the diesel exhaust particulate sensor, replaced in a day by William A Lewis of shrewsbury with little fuss, same day. Even gave me an office to work in.

Sorry if it sounded like I was casting aspersions towards shark performance Ben, but it was one possibility. I'm off to France on Saturday, but I may well take you up on the offer for the diagnostic programme for the soft loader, sounds a useful tool, plus it will put my mind at rest rather than worry what something is.

Reinstalled the shark stage one map after I left the garage, the difference was as before very noticeable over the 185 standard map I drove to the garage with, I'm very pleased with it.

Andy R
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 13:26   #7
shark90
Shark Performance

Hi Andy

Not at all, glad you've got the car sorted and I didn't take your post as finger pointing, just trying to help where we can

Cheers
t: 01623 332233

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 16:15   #8
amatore
I've Been Banned

Can I buy from anyone just the [MTE] software? I have the ipd interface and the 'MTE Vehicle

Identification' software. I just need the embedded software bundle that ipd/MTE send back

to the customer allowing him/her to write the tuned software to his/her ECU.

This is it:-
"You unzip the tuned file that you received back from ipd/MTE and run the setup folder

and you will get the MTE Softloader icon on your desktop, the files themselves will be in

C:\Program Files\MTE\MTE Soft-Loader."

I just want the contents of the setup folder!
amatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 17:43   #9
SwissXC90
Premier Member

But don't you have to purchase the software?
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote