Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3-door, 340 GLT

Views : 3499

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 08:07   #1
AUTOMAN

Smile 3-door, 340 GLT

Hello all,

I am looking for a 340 GLT either to restore or ready done. I would rather a 3-door in either wine or metalic light blue, but of course will take whatever I can get.

Please could somebody advise me as to how many of these cars are known to still exist, as I am fairly new to volvos' having only owned the one that I currently have for just over a year.

I fell for the shape of the 343 verry early on and have wanted a 340 GLT since I first road in one in 1984ish and have been hooked since. It is only now that the kids are more grown up, that my priorities no longer mean that all my money has to go on family.

If you can help me locate or save one of these cars, I would be interested to hear from you.

Thanks for your time,

Ian.
AUTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 22:58   #2
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Hi Ian,
Sorry the 340 did not come in GLT spec., I assume you are looking for a 360GLT. This was the top of the range 360 model with the 2.0 fuel injected engine, rear spoiler and other sports style trim.
3 door 360's are getting very scarce nowadays, good luck with your search. check out the Volvo300Mania web site, you may find one there for sale.
Kevin.
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:16   #3
AUTOMAN

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. The car I am looking for is as you describe but I thought I remembered it having a badge on the rear saying 340, but memory is a funny thing and I will definately bow to your knowledge, as I am a nivice regarding Volvo's.

I will keep looking for the right car and can be patient, as it took me over 20 years to find my Vauxhall Viva Estate. When I did find it, it turned out to be the last known example of its kind known in the world to any of the official clubs. I just hope that it does not take so long this time.

Thanks again,

Ian.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 13:05   #4
Chris_C
Gopher

3 door 360 GLT's are rare as, I can think of two that I know of. What year are you after, the two I know are a mk2 and a mk3, just so happens the mk2 is for sale at the moment.

Linky to the V3M thread Here
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 16:31   #5
AUTOMAN

Thanks again for the help. I don't mind what year at all, as I love the look of all of the 300 series 3-doors, but I am not so keen on the 4 or 5-door versions, though I would not walk past one that was being scrapped. I would rather save it and try to find it a new home.

Ian.

(I just read the post that the link took me to and am a little confused. Earlier in this thread, it sais that no 340 GLTs' were made, but in the other post, it reffers to somebody of 340 GLT fame. Please could somebody clear this matter up for me?)

Last edited by AUTOMAN; Oct 3rd, 2008 at 16:58.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 17:22   #6
Chris_C
Gopher

The bloke being refered to as 340GLT has taken a 3dr 340DL, and originally transplanted most of the GLT parts onto it, and he badged it 340GLT. It's now got a lot of non standard non Volvo bits, and is a very impressive car in it's own right.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 18:05   #7
AUTOMAN

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me sir. I have posted on the other site, asking if the car is still available for sale. I appreciate all the help that you have given me.

Regards,

Ian.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 12:04   #8
AUTOMAN

is this the car that you mean?

I magnified the tailgate badge and it sais 340 glt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 340 glt.jpg (46.8 KB, 17 views)
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:33   #9
Chris_C
Gopher

Not seen that white car before! Interesting, I wonder if that was badge modded, or if a 340 GLT was availible in europe. The car I was meaning is this one, now badged as 340R

Link to recent work here http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-u...er=asc&start=0
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 15:00   #10
stevo48
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
Not seen that white car before! Interesting, I wonder if that was badge modded, or if a 340 GLT was availible in europe. The car I was meaning is this one, now badged as 340R

Link to recent work here http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-u...er=asc&start=0
Oh nicely modded, a blast from the past and she still looks really nice, I could live with that quite easily.
stevo48 is offline   Reply With Quote