Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 360 glt mk1

Views : 8148

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 30th, 2009, 09:41   #11
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360dood View Post
I have a 1988 glt and that has not got any stripes on the tailgate and that has only done twice the miles if that than this one, but the 1987 gle 360, 1990,1991 gl has got the strips on them. I thing that it is a glt thing that the stripes are missing but dont quote my
I think these guys are talking about different stripes, not the coachline that goes round the car. The mk2 GLT's had a set of 80's tastic fadeout style strips over the entire bootlid.

It's a real shame this car didn't go to someone who was going to look after it, and just another person who thought they'd use it as a money spinner, happening way to much with 300's of late
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 10:05   #12
VND
Now with added T4

Indeed.
Boooo profiteers.
Yay owner appreciators.
VND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 10:45   #13
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Indeed, I was talking about the '80's-tastic fade out stripes that run horizontaly up the tailgate parallel with the spoiler that were standard on Mk2 GLT's.
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 11:51   #14
ahal
Master Member

Thumbs up

I know I shouldn't be straying from the 400 forums (!) but that really is a nice car. I think I'd be with Automan, though by the sound of it the markup is a bit steep alright. If I did the same I'd certainly stick on a wad myself though, tbh. Still, there are very few original unmolested examples that age of car of any make still about. It still costs a lot less than a Perdua Nippa too ...
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 14:56   #15
AUTOMAN

Question

I have a car from 1970. It is the only one of its kind, proved to exist so far. Last year I decided to sell it due to my recently reccorded money problems. I put the car on ebay and was made all sorts of offers for the car, but just could not go through with the sale, as none of the people who wanted to purchase it could prove to me that they were indeed lovers of this type of car. I could have made a killing, but instead I decided that the car was more important than having the money in my pocket.

I was desperate for cash and probably should have sold the vehicle on, but I could just not satisfy myself that the car would be enjoyed by people that may not want to own it, but would love to see it. I can't lock my cars away they need to be out there and enjoyed by everybody in my oppinion.

Having said all this, I would considor selling it to own this 360 glt, because I like it so much.

Ian.

Last edited by AUTOMAN; Aug 30th, 2009 at 14:59.
AUTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 19:23   #16
BlueBrickSte
Premier Member

Maybe I'm talking pants but I thought all early GLT's had black sidestripes that went up the c pillar speedblock style? It's just that a mate of mine had a really early one in 1987, either a Y or A reg in red wi stripes and there was another kicking about in white wi stripes.
BlueBrickSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 19:29   #17
VND
Now with added T4

i think we're all agreed theres stripes missing then.

paint is a do-over.

anyone want to have a look round it with a fridge magnet?
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 11:50   #18
VND
Now with added T4

third pic down for generic glt stripes.
up the hatch, above the spoiler.

http://www.volvo300mania.com/brochures8.htm

Last edited by VND; Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:02.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 12:01   #19
AUTOMAN

I am able to have these made up if interested, but they will cost a little, as the chap that makes them only uses good quality vynol. If there is enoug interest, the price will I'm sure drop. If people want them, let me know and I will get a quote for you.

Ian.
AUTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 23:04   #20
BlueBrickSte
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
third pic down for generic glt stripes.
up the hatch, above the spoiler.

http://www.volvo300mania.com/brochures8.htm
So no earlier pics then? Bit late for the car in question.
BlueBrickSte is offline   Reply With Quote