Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lambda Sensor issue

Views : 6111

Replies : 73

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 18:18   #71
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
I can now see what you are saying as i cannot see the last number and you say it is a "2" so in that case it is the later or replacement sensor.

Ask Grant67 and see what he comes up with?
I never questioned whether the front and rear were different as I already knew they were or they wouln't have a different plug. At least we can now agree that sensor I have is in fact a front sensor, which I knew all along, how can it not be if it plugs in to front sensor plug and hasn't been tampered with. The site I linked to wasn't where I have bought my sensor, I used it to demonstrate that the part number for mine was actually linked to the part number you posted for the front sensor.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 18:27   #72
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
I never questioned whether the front and rear were different as I already knew they were or they wouln't have a different plug. At least we can now agree that sensor I have is in fact a front sensor, which I knew all along, how can it not be if it plugs in to front sensor plug and hasn't been tampered with. The site I linked to wasn't where I have bought my sensor, I used it to demonstrate that the part number for mine was actually linked to the part number you posted for the front sensor.
The questioning was because i could not see the last number and you have only just mentioned it!

You`ll be surprised threads i have answered where the plugs have been swopped because of money involved, owners will do anything to avoid paying for genuine parts then complain the engine won`t work properly. As said i pay top money for a top reliable part with no consequences. No, i am not money bags just can`t abide cheaper components on the car which i like and enjoy.

To be quite honest i have given up answering questions about this type of thing, the forum must get bunged right up with these questions as they won`t even do a search?

So do you still have a problem or have you solved it and was just pointing out different motorfactors and prices?

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Last edited by 960kg; Sep 4th, 2012 at 18:32.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 20:42   #73
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

I'm still running lean from idle right through to WOT. Front lambda definitely fubbered as it doesn't deviate from 1V at any point. MAF maybe under reading airflow slighty too from my logs but I'm going to start with the lambda, see what this solves then work from there. New gen TPS. No air leaks anywhere.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 23:17   #74
chomerly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
I'm still running lean from idle right through to WOT. Front lambda definitely fubbered as it doesn't deviate from 1V at any point. MAF maybe under reading airflow slighty too from my logs but I'm going to start with the lambda, see what this solves then work from there. New gen TPS. No air leaks anywhere.
Now this is interesting.

I'm still to replace mine with genuine Volvo ones but my forward sensor also stays at a constant 1.000v and doesn't deviate.
My rear sensor does read at a slightly different level of between 0.960v - 1.000v and i don't know if that is the reason why my car seems to act like its suffering from slight fuel starvation as accelerates through the rev range.
It will sometimes do it when i have to slow down and i stay in third gear and accelerate.
Not sure why it is doing this but then i do have to replace my ignition packs and HT leads as the stems are cracked.

I may also have to look at the MAF but will try with the ignition packs and leads first.