Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any Jaaag owners on here?

Views : 1078

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 13:27   #1
Thekilt

Default Any Jaaag owners on here?

we need to upgrade our 2016 V40 to a larger car as we have a new arrival. The wife likes the Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.2d, 2014 model. Anyone on here had an XF and what are they like? we would have liked to stick with volvo but the only ones she likes are the V90 and they are out of our price range to be honest. The V50 sill still be in the stable though.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 14:02   #2
Sotosound
Premier Member

The XF Sportbrake is a nice car and it has an adapted Ford/PSA diesel engine powering it.

I've never owned one, but I have been a passenger in one and it's a lovely environment with plenty of room for rear passengers.

Not as comfy as a Volvo, however.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 14:33   #3
rxtian

My dad has had 3, which I have probably driven more than he has:
XF 2.2d facelift: no major issues, but felt slower than a V70 D5 185 and the audio system was absolutely terrible
XF 3.0d new shape: again no major issues, nice and fast, meridian audio much better
XFS: Amazing when it works, but never out of the dealership for diverse range of issueswater leaks, headlining falling off, doors filling with water, door handles breaking, wrong software installed and car thought it was an F-type, healight washer leaking...)

They can be very nice cars but it seems like a lottery!

Check you can tolerate their infotainment, I find it very slow & stuttery compared to the volvo stuff.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 14:35   #4
rxtian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekilt View Post
only ones she likes are the V90
Turn the 6 upside down on the back of a V60?
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rxtian For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 16:25   #5
Thekilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtian View Post
Turn the 6 upside down on the back of a V60?
V60 boot is too small to be honest. The V70 was an option but so few of the newer versions around and also bit too boxy for her liking.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 16:30   #6
Thekilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtian View Post
My dad has had 3, which I have probably driven more than he has:
XF 2.2d facelift: no major issues, but felt slower than a V70 D5 185 and the audio system was absolutely terrible
XF 3.0d new shape: again no major issues, nice and fast, meridian audio much better
XFS: Amazing when it works, but never out of the dealership for diverse range of issueswater leaks, headlining falling off, doors filling with water, door handles breaking, wrong software installed and car thought it was an F-type, healight washer leaking...)

They can be very nice cars but it seems like a lottery!

Check you can tolerate their infotainment, I find it very slow & stuttery compared to the volvo stuff.
Thanks for that....pretty much the same issues as my V50 then 😝. I will see if it has the meridian system, and also check the other points carefully.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 16:32   #7
Thekilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
Not as comfy as a Volvo, however.
True, we do love the seats in the V40 and when I sat in one of the Jags today, the seats felt rather soft. Luckily we don’t do huge amounts of miles so hopefully won’t be too much of a problem. Maybe do a Volvo seat swap if I don’t like them
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 20:26   #8
Dancake
Premier Member

I researched Jaguar cars extensively last year when considering changing the S60. They look good and they drive great (when they work), but there were just far too many issues that put me off buying. The biggest issue for me was parts supply. There isn't anywhere near the same aftermarket support for Jaguar cars as there is with Volvo, and parts are ridiculously expensive when buying from dealers and even scrapyards.

People are still of the opinion that Jaguar are a prestige marque, when in reality they are a mishmash of parts from other manufacturers (including Volvo). It is my opinion that they aren't the quality product that perhaps they once were. If you still want to scratch the itch and go for a Jag, make sure you have a very good warranty.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 14:25   #9
Thekilt

Checked out the Jag today and the wife loved it. I gave it a good going over and all seemed to work well so we ended up buying it. Collecting Tuesday this week.
Randomly when part-ing the Volvo V40, turns out there are only 2 cars the same model as the one we had which is rather odd (presuming in the red colour we have as well). Didn’t realise it was such a rare model V40 which kind of Disappoints me getting rid of it, but my V50 just isn’t worth enough to part x.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thekilt For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 16:17   #10
Whippy
Premier Member

Friends husband has one. Loves it.