Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 Delivery times.

Views : 3656

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2017, 21:02   #11
Bernard F

You won't believe the answer, exactly three years since the last XC60. In two weeks I go back for another induction with any questions I want answered or call in anytime if I want. Every time we have been there since buying in August it's hello Bernard and coffee and biscuits always waiting.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 21:06   #12
Bernard F

Glad you like your Polestar first thing my insurance co asked when I changed the policy was has it had any modification that increases power acceleration or top speed.
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 21:21   #13
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
You won't believe the answer, exactly three years since the last XC60. In two weeks I go back for another induction with any questions I want answered or call in anytime if I want. Every time we have been there since buying in August it's hello Bernard and coffee and biscuits always waiting.
Well I'm quite happy with my dealer, I've only been with them for 2 years, but they don't seem in the same league as yours .
Just enjoy your car.
Don't forget to post some pictures.

Last edited by bobby2000; Oct 17th, 2017 at 21:47.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 23:03   #14
Bernard F

Have some pics but how can I get them from an iPhone to the post. Obviously too big to start with.
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 11:06   #15
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Have some pics but how can I get them from an iPhone to the post. Obviously too big to start with.
I'm not an Apple user, but the only thing I can suggest is that you log into forum using your phone, you should then be able to download photos to your post.
Hope this might help you, if not perhaps a iPhone user will come to the rescue.
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 12:59   #16
Driver Dave

Again I am not an Apple user but I upload my files to the cloud then post from there rather than direct from my phone.
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 13:52   #17
rejm68

Quote:
Fantastic reception from dealer, the full reveal with black covered car followed by presentation of a beautiful bouquet of flowers to my wife. A long and full induction which only ended when I had no more questions and then the car was taken to the garage and filled with fuel. In addition a goody bag filled with fire extinguisher, Volvo cleaning kit, detailing kit etc etc. Unbelievable. The drive home was superb, car quieter than I imagined it would be, air suspension a dream and more responsive than my old D5 without question. Best car buying experience ever.
Keep you updated when I have a few miles on the clock but so glad I decided to buy another Volvo.
Was this in Chelmsford? I got my XC90 from there and I was impressed with the handover even though I didn't get the full works induction due to the guy being on holiday.
MY18.5 Inscription Pro D5 Denim Blue Charcoal 21" 8 Spoke (Diamond Cut) Family Pack Xenium Pack Air Suspension Parking Camera Park Assist Pilot Sunroof BLIS Head-Up Display Dark Tinted Windows - Rear Side Windows and Cargo Area 3 pin socket
rejm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 19:08   #18
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejm68 View Post
Was this in Chelmsford? I got my XC90 from there and I was impressed with the handover even though I didn't get the full works induction due to the guy being on holiday.
Yes it was Waterhouse Volvo. The chap that did the handover was totally knowledgeable, nothing caught him out and he covered everything.
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 19:29   #19
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I'm not an Apple user, but the only thing I can suggest is that you log into forum using your phone, you should then be able to download photos to your post.
Hope this might help you, if not perhaps a iPhone user will come to the rescue.
Still having problems. How did you send your photos.
First day driving. Covered 97 miles at 32.7 mpg using premium fuel. Very mixed journey half at steady 70 mph the rest mixed local roads. Very pleased considering a new engine.
Loved the Pilot assist will be using this whenever possible. Tried Parking In, worked perfectly and amazing to watch it do all the work. Tried a short distance using Dynamic mode and was more than impressed. All in I am delighted with the car and love it. It's now very dirty and I think that wheel mud guards are a necessity so ordered a set. £180 fitted and should be done on Saturday morning.
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 20:17   #20
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Still having problems. How did you send your photos.
First day driving. Covered 97 miles at 32.7 mpg using premium fuel. Very mixed journey half at steady 70 mph the rest mixed local roads. Very pleased considering a new engine.
Loved the Pilot assist will be using this whenever possible. Tried Parking In, worked perfectly and amazing to watch it do all the work. Tried a short distance using Dynamic mode and was more than impressed. All in I am delighted with the car and love it. It's now very dirty and I think that wheel mud guards are a necessity so ordered a set. £180 fitted and should be done on Saturday morning.
I'm using my tablet , I take the picture with it, I post with it and then add the photo as an attachment. This is why I suggested you do the same with your iPhone as it's basically a tablet that you can make calls with.
Have you got a younger member of the family who can help you. I'm fairly computer literate but not a good teacher.
The other way is to transfer photos via Bluetooth to your computer/laptop.
I'm glad you are enjoying your car and getting to grips with it. You will have to give it a wash now, unfortunately it soon looses its newness.