Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Detailing...

Views : 1651

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2017, 16:11   #1
isleaiw
Master Member

Default Detailing...

Hi All

There was mention on here a while back about new car detailing and protection so I thought I would share the link to the chaps who did my new Audi so you can see what it involves...

https://www.definitionsdetailing.co....isq5correction

The true test will be in the protection it gives over the next couple of years or so but for now I am enjoying how shiny it looks and feels!
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 18:04   #2
Considered1
Premier Member

Wow!, that’s one smart car you’ve got now. Well worth it.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 11:59   #3
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Wow!, that’s one smart car you’ve got now. Well worth it.
Thanks - I really like it. Was looking at a T5 Inscription Pro but the SQ5 was only about 4k more and I get the benefit of a V6 petrol with 350ish bhp. I also much prefer the Audi MMI interface than the touch screen - might be the luddite in me or fact I have had an Audi with similar interface before...

Detailing certainly has brought out the colour and made a great car look even better!
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 13:18   #4
Torshen

And the price?
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 14:50   #5
isleaiw
Master Member

£630 including interior - all materials provided.

They worked on the car for in excess of 20 hours to get that result, so in my mind a good price to pay, when you consider how much these cars cost its a small additional cost to keep it looking good.
The Following User Says Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 16:09   #6
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
£630 including interior - all materials provided.

They worked on the car for in excess of 20 hours to get that result, so in my mind a good price to pay, when you consider how much these cars cost its a small additional cost to keep it looking good.
Almost exactly what I have just spent on my Polestar upgrade, something I can't do myself, so in my opinion better value for money.
Car does look nice though.
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:12   #7
AB-UK
Premier Member

A neat camera trick on the four before and after photos - "before" with the focus on the paintwork/swirls above the spotlight reflection, whilst the "after" shots focus on the reflected background (windows/block paving).
Not saying this was intentional though.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:17   #8
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Almost exactly what I have just spent on my Polestar upgrade, something I can't do myself, so in my opinion better value for money.
Car does look nice though.
I already have 350hp so didnt think I needed any more there...

and we are talking £45k to £55k cars here - value for money is a phrase that rarely applies..

edit to add - I wouldnt take a polishing machine to my car and I dont have the time or inclination to spend 25 hours doing what he did....

Last edited by isleaiw; Oct 19th, 2017 at 17:22.
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:19   #9
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
A neat camera trick on the four before and after photos - "before" with the focus on the paintwork/swirls above the spotlight reflection, whilst the "after" shots focus on the reflected background (windows/block paving).
Not saying this was intentional though.
I am no photographer but watching him take the photos seemed to be

aim a torch to show the swirls, click

then post polishing pad work

aim a torch at same spot, click

I dont think there is any trickery and I am looking with my naked eye at the before and after...
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 17:46   #10
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
I already have 350hp so didnt think I needed any more there...

and we are talking £45k to £55k cars here - value for money is a phrase that rarely applies..

edit to add - I wouldnt take a polishing machine to my car and I dont have the time or inclination to spend 25 hours doing what he did....
Got to agree with you on the power, but I'm sure you also see my point. My car came in @ just over the 48k, I'm retired so have plenty of time on my hands for cleaning, although I'm not really into it that much.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post: