Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine System Service Urgent - Red Triangle

Views : 37911

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 19th, 2011, 13:19   #21
Squirrell

Just had a phone call from Volvo XC90 all sorted, guess what a new temperature sensor in the DPF!
Squirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 11:03   #22
ascender

Just had this happen to us. Car was running fine yesterday, but got in to use it this morning and its the red light and engine system service message. MY10 car here as well.
ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 00:02   #23
G4WJH

My god!!!!! its an epedemic!!!!!!. With regard to some previous posts...no freezing temps...this all came about from having major surgery in car a couple of weeks back...first job on leaving the garage was filling up...I had 30 miles left according to the gauge (went in with 175miles left)...when I first took it back with stuttering they dismissed having a poor tank or low fuel and stated they replaced the fuel filter as a precaution. When I advised the recovery lorry mechanic I'd been advised to run the car in this condition with the fuel cleaner he looked at me as if I was a right 'Homer Simpson'. Car is missing horrendously...but certainly seems some kind of sensor related. Have made a note of the temperature sensor in the DPF (wherever that is?). Poor car ferried to Volvo indy where had repaires done tomorrow....its the first time in my 23 years of owning a volvo I've ever broken down of have had to be recovered...could feel the neighbours scoffing....oh the shame (how much are Corsas these days?).
G4WJH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G4WJH For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 08:46   #24
ascender

And of course its up to me to get the car to Volvo somehow. How foolish to expect that they'd uplift it given its not even 2 years old.....
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 13:34   #25
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascender View Post
And of course its up to me to get the car to Volvo somehow. How foolish to expect that they'd uplift it given its not even 2 years old.....
and no courtesy car I assume... ?
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 14:14   #26
ascender

Nope, no courtesy car and they hope to have had time to look at the car by the time they close tonight but can't promise anything.

I really like my XC90, but pretty much any interaction I have with the dealer here is making me want to get rid of the car to be honest.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:00   #27
ascender

Got my car back, there was a "faulty sensor" but they couldn't tell me which one had been replaced.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 19:38   #28
Big Stew

MY10 D5 Active, had the same red triangle. They replaced a sensor some were in the exhaust ! ! !
Big Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 16:20   #29
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stew View Post
MY10 D5 Active, had the same red triangle. They replaced a sensor some were in the exhaust ! ! !
I think you are lucky it failed during warranty. Clearly a problem with them. I can easily imagine mine (also MY10) failing 6 months outside warranty period.
I can already hear the dealer :

"very unusual, never seen that issue before. Not a design default, no covered by Volvo, here is the bill"

although they are probably doing 10 a week
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 22:27   #30
ascender

Looks like the driver's seat was damaged and i foolishly left a bluetooth headset in the cubby hole under the stereo and its nowhere to be seen now. Live and learn I guess....
The Following User Says Thank You to ascender For This Useful Post: