Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc60 D5 Power Loss

Views : 2274

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2015, 21:25   #1
swhin

Default xc60 D5 Power Loss

Hi
I've owned my 2011 xc60 for 3 months now and when I first got it it seemed quite nippy for a big car. For the last 2 or 3 weeks the acceleration seems to have got slower. I also own a S60 D5 163 and it would out accelerate the xc60 in its current state. The engine strains to get to its peak revs, as if you were trying to accelerate with only 75% throttle available. I thought it was the accelerator switch /potentiometer but I had a diagnostic computer plugged in and it showed 100% range. So I was wanting to know if any other volvo xc60 d5 owners have experienced this problem or even fixed this problem. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
swhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 21:28   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Sounds like the dpf sensor has failed, easy job to change. Iirc the sensor us about £70 or thereabouts
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 21:41   #3
swhin

Hi,
If the DPF sensor has failed, would it not show on the dashboard engine management warning light? I've had a computer plugged in and nothing was logged in the ecu.
Thanks.
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 22:57   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhin View Post
Hi,
If the DPF sensor has failed, would it not show on the dashboard engine management warning light? I've had a computer plugged in and nothing was logged in the ecu.
Thanks.
Hope, doesn't show on then EML, not sure it always shows a code either as I didn't have one on the old XC60 but that is what it was.
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 21:40   #5
swhin

Just a little update. I put some DPF cleaner through it. It made a big difference but still not quite 100% but pulling like a train. At £10 a pop it was worth a try. Will be putting a few more through after a few thousand miles.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:27   #6
bertrandls

Default Same here!

Hi,
I have the same symptoms. I timed 0-60 mph, it is 2 seconds slower than should be... So I was wondering if you had tried anything else? Any products, any change of parts...?
Thanks.
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceleration, power loss