Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Insurance companys at it

Views : 1731

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 19:57   #21
madspark01

I left a really sh*&( review on trustpilot and am now getting emails from my old insurer wanting to sort out the problem and get me to update my review.
it must bother them to get bad reviews on a public review site so I have emailed them back and will see how it goes.
madspark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madspark01 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 22:45   #22
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Madspark- I had exactly the same when I swapped insurance from my S60 to a Jeep, i was paying ~£400 a year for my Volvo, I swapped to the Jeep about half way through and Hastings wanted £600 to swap for the remaining 6 months, even though their price for the year was around £400, or £45 to cancel.

I said I wasn’t happy being charged £45 to cancel so I could insure with them again and they agreed to waive the cancellation fee. As soon as I had the new policy I then cancelled that too, as you can in the first 14 days without penalty. About an hour on the phone altogether but saved me £45.

I then insured the Jeep with the AA for £320. Hastings did write and email a few times asking for payments due to a glitch in their system that wouldn’t cancel my policy but I rang and complained to their customer relations team who gave me £40 compensation, and then a few months later they took £76 from my debit card. I rang and spoke to customer relations again who apologised, refunded my £76 and gave me a further £50 compensation.

I also always insure 21 days in advance, it usually works out around £300 cheaper than insuring immediately for me.

Cheers, Luke
Strange that you had such a sh%t experience with hastings direct

Dad was looking for a V50, we ran around all the comparison sites, phoned a broker or two, non could better hastings quote.
Next day we goto see the car @ the dealers, dad buys its, phones hastings , 1st call center A**clown adds £12 "you phoned us not did it online" , Then "its a live quote so £300+ on top of the quote you had yesterday",,, dad litterally looks at me , his phones on speakerphone and they hangup, dials back ,, £12 More added so its now £324 over yesterdays quote,, the callcenter clown pretends they can not hear dad clearly ,transfers dad to an other clown who adds £12 more £336 ontop,, fortunatly dads phone ran out of credit at that point,

i wouldnt recomend that "company" for anything other than a Total investigation by the ins fraud dept,,,, if such a thing existed.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 07:39   #23
Dippydog
Premier Member

Most-if not all-companies will increase premium after the first year "introductory discount" ends.When it comes to renewal time I look at their quote and if a rise seems reasonable[rare] I'll renew but more often than not finish up switching to another company-even if it's a company I've been with before to take advantage of the initial "discount".It's amusing when you get in touch with a company and tell them you're cancelling due to too high a renewal quote that they can then suddenly find the leeway to lower their price.Why didn't they quote the "new" lower price to begin with instead of relying on customer loyalty/apathy in not bothering to shop around?One other thing I found was back in 2010.I was involved in an accident which wrote my then car off as well as the other vehicle involved,the other driver admitted straight away that it was his fault[to the police who attended the scene]and plenty of independent witnesses also gave statements it was the other drivers fault and not mine.Come renewal time the premium had shot up and when I queried the sharp rise I was told that although not my fault[I kept my full NCB]I had been involved in an accident and was therefore more likely to be involved in another!!
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 07:41   #24
happy diver
Active Member Moment

Recently I accidentally worked out that over the last twenty years of my life
for three volvos I would be paying 23,000 quid so cancelled all the next day

20,000 leagues under the sea diving to adventure
in a silent world with my ceiling the waves...Emile
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote