Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks and goodbye, but not going far

Views : 6430

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2012, 22:11   #51
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

To be honest I would really have prefered black with a chrome lip but I couldn't find them in stock anywhere, apart from inovit and there the ones that were on it that the repair guy had said were soft so with the state of the roads here didn't want to risk it, I thought the white would contrast the black car, they are growing on me, + I thought for £30 a wheel I can have them re painted at a later date if I want to.....
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:16   #52
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoline View Post
Hmmmmmmm, OK, after much thought.... I have to agree with Gatos.
Phase II T4's just look better than the new S40/V50

SORRY Scoob ! Your car is much more sophisticated though.
I wouldn't swap mine for either of the T4's I've had, the interior is soooooo much nice and the 5 cylinder burble it addictive!!, I have to say its probably the first time I've not really missed my old car when I've got a new one :LOL:
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:18   #53
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Being honest it's not to my own taste but they do go with the car and I'm glad you're happy with them mate

Also it's good to see you keeping us updated in this section on your mk2 S40

How's ownership been so far?

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Volvo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:25   #54
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I keep an eye on this section just in case I can help anyone with issues I'd experienced on the two T4's I had....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo2002 View Post
How's ownership been so far?
Got off to a mixed start with the original alloy problem, & the mat blocking the accelarator, but once the niggles were sorted I love it!! its really easy to drive happy to pootle about, but when you want to give it the beans the noise is awesome & it doesn't half shift!!!
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:27   #55
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
To be honest I would really have prefered black with a chrome lip but I couldn't find them in stock anywhere, apart from inovit and there the ones that were on it that the repair guy had said were soft so with the state of the roads here didn't want to risk it, I thought the white would contrast the black car, they are growing on me, + I thought for £30 a wheel I can have them re painted at a later date if I want to.....
If you preferred the black colour originally, I would look at getting them painted while they are still in perfect nick.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice wheels, but not MY cup of tea. After all, it is YOUR car, not mine and if you are happy, I am happy for you.

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryS40 For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:31   #56
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Quote:
I keep an eye on this section just in case I can help anyone with issues I'd experienced on the two T4's I had....

Got off to a mixed start with the original alloy problem, & the mat blocking the accelarator, but once the niggles were sorted I love it!! its really easy to drive happy to pootle about, but when you want to give it the beans the noise is awesome & it doesn't half shift!!!
Glad to hear

5 cylinders sound brilliant, miss the sound of the old 850 GLT we used to have just because of that sound.

On the comparison to the T4 and T5. The MK2 interiors are much nicer IMO. Was sitting in one at Volvo not long back and really like how they're laid out and the floating console I've always really liked because of how logically laid out everything is.

As for the looks, well a MK2 with the bodykit and spoiler looks really smart so It depends. I do feel inclined to go the MK1 route for looks but I like both and couldn't say what I actually prefer.. so wont bother

Enjoy mate and if you're ever by this way pop on by and take me for a spin

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:36   #57
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

:LOL: the whites kind of growing on me at the minute (I like to be different), I'll see how I feel in a few weeks will be at least a month or 2 before I can afford to have them repainted if i decide to do that. Ideally I would have loved to have kept the 18"s as they really suited the car, but at least another one was buckled & they needed 4 new tyres due to the shoulder wear the seller ignored. I couldn't find any decent black/chrome one in stock anywhere and I needed the new wheels ASAP. The new set cost me £615 delivered with new tyres ( I opted for the more expensie 215/45 over the 205/45), & I'll get £320 refunded from Ebay when I return the wheels so they only really cost £295, and that wouldn't have covered the cost of the buckle repair & 4 new tyres...
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:42   #58
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Will do although I don't get over Ayr way that often, if you ever in glasgow I'll happily take you for a spin
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:42   #59
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
:LOL: the whites kind of growing on me at the minute (I like to be different), I'll see how I feel in a few weeks will be at least a month or 2 before I can afford to have them repainted if i decide to do that. Ideally I would have loved to have kept the 18"s as they really suited the car, but at least another one was buckled & they needed 4 new tyres due to the shoulder wear the seller ignored. I couldn't find any decent black/chrome one in stock anywhere and I needed the new wheels ASAP. The new set cost me £615 delivered with new tyres ( I opted for the more expensie 215/45 over the 205/45), & I'll get £320 refunded from Ebay when I return the wheels so they only really cost £295, and that wouldn't have covered the cost of the buckle repair & 4 new tyres...
Seems like you have made the best choice in that case.

Keep enjoying the T5, mate.

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryS40 For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:44   #60
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Quote:
Will do although I don't get over Ayr way that often, if you ever in glasgow I'll happily take you for a spin
No bother