Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1996 Volvo 850 R - Help with Error Codes - Tks from Brazil

Views : 484

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2019, 23:49   #1
marioguernelli

Default 1996 Volvo 850 R - Help with Error Codes - Tks from Brazil

Hey guys,

I have a 1996 Volvo 850 R and read today a fews code erros with a flash code reader and would like to ask member to help me out with the potential causes.
Truly appreciate the support.

Thanks

Mario

Port 3 (suppose Motor issues, right?)

Port 13: (suppose cruise control, right?)

Port 6 (Climate control, right?)
marioguernelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 11:58   #2
Cookeh
Premier Member

Here is a link to a great website that shows what the ports correspond to, explains the codes and suggests some causes: click me

From that resource:

Port 3
121 is a faulty MAF, try cleaning it first then look at replacing. Would go second hand first tbh.

Check the sensor, or if you have lowered it check the cable by the suspension as it can rub on some struts and wear through.

Port 6 is climate control, as you said.
124 and 126 both suggest that your interior temp sensor is knackered or shorting out
134: Passenger’s side air duct temperature sensor open circuit or shorted to 12 volts
145: Faulty signal from function selector switch
211: Driver’s side damper motor position sensor open circuit or shorted to 12 volts
235: Recirculation damper motor position sensor open circuit or shorted to 12 volts
322: Passenger’s side damper motor active too long
325: Recirculation damper motor active too long
411: Blower fan seized or drawing excessive current
417: Passenger’s side interior temperature inlet fan seized

From this I guess you have some faulty wiring in this system, as well as possibly a dead position sensor and faulty motor. 411 is easy to fix, you just need a new blower motor. It has seized. Selector switch probably just needs the contacts cleaning.

Port 13
122:
Speed has not exceeded 22mph or no speed signal

You can basically ignore this one, its fine.

Last edited by Cookeh; Feb 14th, 2019 at 13:37.
Cookeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 20:01   #3
Luxobarge
Premier Member

The above post answers your question, however there are a LOT of error codes there, if it were me I think I would clear them all and see what ones come back, unless you know that they were all generated very recently. Some or all of those may be historic, and you may find therefore that there's nothing actually wrong - or very little.
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 22:20   #4
marioguernelli

Hey Guys, thanks for the support and clarifications.

Appreciate it. Best regards Mario
marioguernelli is offline   Reply With Quote