Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DPF blocked error but pressure readings fine in VIDA help i

Views : 12425

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 17:12   #11
Petey80
Premier Member

Not a clue on what size they are, all I know is they have to be heat resistant.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 19:46   #12
V50Duncan

This is the pipe/hose I am looking for, is this what you changed?

V50Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V50Duncan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 11:48   #13
Petey80
Premier Member

Those are similar to the pipes I'll be changing.

Mine are in a different place though.

oilfiltercap by Pete, on Flickr

They run from the front of the DPF, up the nearside of the engine and to the side of the battery.

Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
The Following User Says Thank You to Petey80 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 23:23   #14
V50Duncan

Hoses changed! For references the hose ID was 8mm and 6mm. I removed the complete assembly and replaced the rubber with fuel hose, fitted with the original heat sleeving. Bit annoying to get hoses back on and the metal pipes back in the clip, but all complete!
The Following User Says Thank You to V50Duncan For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 23:27   #15
Petey80
Premier Member

Glad you managed to sort it out and thanks for the info about the pipe sizes.

I'm thinking mine are okay and the new sensor I installed is now working as on my way home tonight the car was regenerating the DPF.

Never thought I'd be so happy to hear that noise. Will keep an eye on it for the time being.

Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:00   #16
V50Duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey80 View Post
Glad you managed to sort it out and thanks for the info about the pipe sizes.

I'm thinking mine are okay and the new sensor I installed is now working as on my way home tonight the car was regenerating the DPF.

Never thought I'd be so happy to hear that noise. Will keep an eye on it for the time being.
How do you know it’s regenerating and what does it sound like? I’m pretty sure since owning the car that it’s not successfully regenerated, with the split pipe the sensor would have always stopped it and thrown an error if it did start.
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:11   #17
Petey80
Premier Member

The fans are going like hell when it's happening.

Make sure the A/C is turned off or you won't be able to tell as the fan goes when the A/C is on.

I feel if the pipes or sensor aren't working it won't regen.

Good fast road blast for 30 minutes or more, get everything nice and hot should prompt it to do one.

Old Feb 20th, 2019, 02:53   #18
hitechtherealone

Default S40 Customer Same Issue - Great post and photos!

Im usually a mercedes man but the last 12 months had a lot of volvo customers coming to me. I just recently invested in a vida as the volvos are getting quite popular over my way now it seems. Its the old ECM-2002 Particulate Trap Faulty Signal. Going into limp mode more often than not with the "Engine System Service Required". Ive not really looked at it properly. i done some road tests with fresh diagnostic scans clearing each time and the ECM-2002 is the one kicking it into limp mode. I got a decent price on DPF sensor so ordered it. I will actually check the pipes and hoses aswell because by the sounds of it this could very well be the problem. This is a known common problem on mercedes cars aswell. DPF is ok but the sensor gets clogged up and kicks out wrong faulty signals. Puting in low grade oil and extended periods between services being the major factor. This car is a 10 plate and has not been serviced regularly or properly but I will sort all those things out good and proper for the customer. My question is regarding this additive module. Im not too experienced with them on the volvos. There are no error codes regarding , addidtive tank low or anything to do with the tank. I have a question. Do I get the DPF liquid re-gen kit aswell and go thru the motions of filling it up when I check the pipes/hoses and then do the DPF regen or since there are no codes coming up indicating any problem with additive tank or it being low or empty do I skip attempting to fill it up ? Great pictures in here btw. Very informative. Thanks to the guys taking the time to post them in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilBo View Post
Hi,
Just as a quick update. I checked the car this morning and found quite a big hole in one of the hoses going to the pressure sensor. I've taped it up for now and that seems to have solveed the problem temporarily.

I will upload some pictures as soon as I can work out how to do it, and will give further updates as to whether it really has solved the problem.

Cheers,

Wil

Last edited by hitechtherealone; Feb 20th, 2019 at 02:55.
hitechtherealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 11:06   #19
hitechtherealone

Smile Fixed

Well it turned out it was the DPF pipes. They looked absolutely fine so I guess thats why every other garage missed them. But when I pulled on them they crumbled away and disintegrated in my fingers so were providing no purpose for pressure. It would not regenerate properly before. It would attempt then a second or 2 it would abort the attempt. I gave it a full service and fitted new hoses. Put the new sensor on for good measure too. Then instigated a full DPF regeneration. It took about 10-15 minutes (even tho it said it would take 5) and there was moments where it kicked out good amount of smoke so it done the job. All errors including DIM error messages cleared and permanently gone. Car fixed.
hitechtherealone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hitechtherealone For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 18:19   #20
TallPaul1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitechtherealone View Post
Well it turned out it was the DPF pipes. They looked absolutely fine so I guess thats why every other garage missed them. But when I pulled on them they crumbled away and disintegrated in my fingers so were providing no purpose for pressure. It would not regenerate properly before. It would attempt then a second or 2 it would abort the attempt. I gave it a full service and fitted new hoses. Put the new sensor on for good measure too. Then instigated a full DPF regeneration. It took about 10-15 minutes (even tho it said it would take 5) and there was moments where it kicked out good amount of smoke so it done the job. All errors including DIM error messages cleared and permanently gone. Car fixed.
Did you have any issues with the temperatue gauge going up on hills or when on the motorway??
I've been having a similar problem with DPF not regenerating etc, seemed to have sorted the issue with the DPF but I still have an intermittent over heating issue.
TallPaul1975 is offline   Reply With Quote