Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Performance!! lack of!!

Views : 4742

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:59   #31
noney82
Master Member

My s40 pulls great, but she keeps running very lumpy at times looks I'm
Going to have to have a look under the bonnet tommmorrow, can't fault the car till today I put foot down on motorway and all power just went had to pull on hard shoulder turn car off and on again, no warning lights on days either. My turbo and dump valve thingy are quiet loud, is this right?
noney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 08:38   #32
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

dump valve these cars do not have one, what engine?
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 13:08   #33
noney82
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja59 View Post
dump valve these cars do not have one, what engine?
Haha what ever it's called that makes the psssss noise when I change gear. It's a 2.0d
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 16:37   #34
Ninja59

Quote:
Originally Posted by noney82 View Post
Haha what ever it's called that makes the psssss noise when I change gear. It's a 2.0d
huh? i never get any noise changing gear minus the act of changing gear if you are in the turbo range then yes you will a whoosh but that is it nothing in relation to changing gear.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 18:04   #35
Wooders

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraytaf View Post
whats a piggy back chip ? and what kind of money are they ?
cheers murray
Its a way of getting more power without a full ECU remap,i think they send fake signals to the ECU to increase fuel pressure etc.

I paid £400,which is one of the more expensive ones but has adjustable power levels.

http://www.chipexpress.com/products/2409/
Wooders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 18:08   #36
Wooders

Quote:
Originally Posted by noney82 View Post
I was under the impression all modern turbo cars have some kind of dump valve,internal (dumps pressure down the exhaust) or otherwise,as it increases turbo life and pick up as the turbo doesnt stall.
Wooders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 18:38   #37
noney82
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
I was under the impression all modern turbo cars have some kind of dump valve,internal (dumps pressure down the exhaust) or otherwise,as it increases turbo life and pick up as the turbo doesnt stall.
That's what I was thinking too, when the turbo kicks in and I change gear I get a whoosh. Iv cleaned my throttle body ( mine has double throttle why?)and on removing noticed two out the three screws lose. The whoosh is now quieter so I think I was losing pressure
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 19:20   #38
foxyloxey

Considering the problems I have had with my car, which I've only owned 3 weeks.

Should the problems have been picked up by the Volvo Selekt 100 checks?

To quote their brochure: Every Selekt used car has to pass over 100 checks to meet Volvo's safety, performance and appearance standards. During preparation, we only use Volvo genuine parts, ensuring that your Volvo remains 100% pure Volvo.
We also connect every car back to the factory's original record and upgrade the car's software. This service is exclusive to Volvo dealers and ensures that every Selekt car is running to the optimum capability.

Just thought it was strange that on Friday I had no paper work to sign for the work carried out, to sort my car out.

Wondered if I could get trip computer software installed as compensation for my troubles, after all, quote:When you purchase a Selekt used Volvo, you are buying more than just a car, you're buying a commitment. Selekt is a total package designed to give customers quality and reassurance, making Volvo Selekt cars the closest thing you'll find to a new car.
foxyloxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 20:01   #39
Ninja59

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyloxey View Post
Considering the problems I have had with my car, which I've only owned 3 weeks.

Should the problems have been picked up by the Volvo Selekt 100 checks?

To quote their brochure: Every Selekt used car has to pass over 100 checks to meet Volvo's safety, performance and appearance standards. During preparation, we only use Volvo genuine parts, ensuring that your Volvo remains 100% pure Volvo.
We also connect every car back to the factory's original record and upgrade the car's software. This service is exclusive to Volvo dealers and ensures that every Selekt car is running to the optimum capability.

Just thought it was strange that on Friday I had no paper work to sign for the work carried out, to sort my car out.

Wondered if I could get trip computer software installed as compensation for my troubles, after all, quote:When you purchase a Selekt used Volvo, you are buying more than just a car, you're buying a commitment. Selekt is a total package designed to give customers quality and reassurance, making Volvo Selekt cars the closest thing you'll find to a new car.
no it was done under warranty of that scheme...you get the work carried out for the cars failure to meet that requirement they owe you nothing minus fixing the issues at hand i.e. under contract which would only put you in a position you expected to be should the contract of been completed successfully in this case resolving the A/C and the fuel problem.

you would have to had FAR more serious issues for something like that to apply it does stun me how much people expect these days sometimes for nothing the actual issues at hand have never actually STOPPED the vehicle from being used then i would be looking more seriously at some form of comeback.

i have never had paperwork for warranty related repairs to the C30.

Last edited by Ninja59; Jul 28th, 2012 at 20:06.

Tags
lack of power, performance, poor, power, v50