Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SRS Airbag Service

Views : 377

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 20:00   #1
Cruize

Default SRS Airbag Service

Hi All,

First Post with Volvo Forums, Hi to all
I have just got a Volvo v70 SE Lux 2010

Spent half the day tearing down two wing mirrors with the Blis camera to make one good unit which was fun....

Then thought while I was a fixing spree I would install my dashcam.
I ran the cable along the front roof lining then down the passenger A pillar behind the curtain so its nicely out of the way and down into the fuse box.

On the side of the dash is the trim cover which has the Passenger side airbag switch. I took off this cover off and disconnected the switch (looking back I didn't need to but just wanted it out of my way, wish I hadn't now).
Tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse and turned the car on. Dash Cam came on with ignition which is what I was looking for and then I got a warning saying passenger side airbag was switch off, service.

I thought OK that makes sense because its unplugged and then thought... oh dear, I know what i've done.... I turned the car back off and plugged the switch back in and put the trim back together.
Started the car up and have the SRS Airbag Urgent Service warning.

Now I know this is because i've disconnected the switch and broken the circuit as it was fine before i removed it. Now i'm getting this error, i'm confident nothing else is broken.

Is the only way to reset the warning via VIDA to clear the fault? No other tricks I can do to clear it? What do local garages tend to charge for this?

Thanks
Cruize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 22:22   #2
LankyTim
Missing the point

I've reset mine with a Snapon fault code reader, I think most "decent" code readers should do it.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 20:11   #3
NazV70

Ive used TopDon code Reader priced around £70.
Cleared code on my V70.
all good
NazV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 00:47   #4
JC1818

I might be wrong but I believe that some codes disappear after a certain number of start-ups if the fault is no longer detected.

Whether airbag is one I'm not sure.
JC1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 14:28   #5
Peter86
Pete

Had a similar thing with my mk2 V70 and had to go local garage to have it switched off. My basic obd tool wasn't able to turn it off with it being a permenant fault code.

When I installed my dash cam I used a fuse jumper kit so I didn't have to tap into any wires (the fuse jumper also had the female end that connected to my dash cam lead) . Much easier and as I don't have 4C anyway it was spare and live on start up.

2011 V70 D5 [215] Rdesign - currently owned.

Peter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 14:28   #6
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

will need resetting. A friendly dealer/garage may do it for you for nothing.

Always disconnect the battery before disconnecting almost anything in the car.