Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Interior- underwhelmed

Views : 1980

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2017, 08:31   #1
Panzernacker

Default XC90 Interior- underwhelmed

Had a pre demo yesterday of our car using an R-Design Pro diesel to show us the general points of it. I am left a little underwhelmed by the interior. Maybe it is because it has been 6 months since the order and we are going on a trip before we pick it up early october. But currently meh! I hope it changes as we have this for 4 years. The outside is beautiful and love the look. Also could be down to me knowing more about the features than the dealership. They didn't know about the increase in battery for the T8, that the drive types are different on a T8 and that the second row of the car I have comes with climate adjustment etc.

Still really looking forward to it but damn it !
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 08:59   #2
Capt Pugwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzernacker View Post
Had a pre demo yesterday of our car using an R-Design Pro diesel to show us the general points of it. I am left a little underwhelmed by the interior. Maybe it is because it has been 6 months since the order and we are going on a trip before we pick it up early october. But currently meh! I hope it changes as we have this for 4 years. The outside is beautiful and love the look. Also could be down to me knowing more about the features than the dealership. They didn't know about the increase in battery for the T8, that the drive types are different on a T8 and that the second row of the car I have comes with climate adjustment etc.

Still really looking forward to it but damn it !
Got to admit...I would love the 'cockpit from a Q7' in my inscription, I am a typical bloke I guess and love having buttons, gadgets & gizmos to play with.
I am coming up to a year of ownership and 25k miles with mine from new last November... previously having Disco Landmark & BMW X6 before that...I have been seriously impressed by the XC90, its driving aids especially for distance work plus for a 2ltr is really shifts, dynamic mode with my lowered air suspension setting still brings a smile to my face.

The intereior is 'ikea style minimalistic'...the toys are all there but it is more like comparing an Airbus A380 (glass cockpit) to an older 'steam gauges' Boeing 747...the glass cockpit is the way ahead and others are following/copying the volvo tech and style at a rate of knots...am sure you will settle in & love the 4 years with her...enjoy 😎

Last edited by Capt Pugwash; Sep 24th, 2017 at 09:20.
Capt Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 09:19   #3
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Pugwash View Post
Got to admit...I would love the 'cockpit from a Q7' in my inscription, I am a typical bloke I guess and love having buttons, gadgets & gizmos to play with.
I am coming up to a year of ownership and 25k miles with mine from new last November... previously having Disco Landmark & BMW X6 before that...I have been seriously impressed by the XC90, its driving aids especially for distance work plus for a 2ltr is really shifts, dynamic mode with my lowered air suspension setting still brings a smile to my face.

The intereior is 'ikea style minimalistic'...the toys are all there but it is more like comparing an Airbus A380 (glass cockpit) to a older 'steam gauges' Boeing 747...the glass cockpit is the way ahead and others are following/copying the volvo tech and style at a rate of knots...am sure you will settle in & love the 4 years with her...enjoy 😎
You are right. I always wanted a q7 and was going for the etron. But the new shape of the q7 is really just plain boring for me (I know others think it is ace). The driver view was great. Iike you I love buttons all over the shop old school type. Would have been great with some mini type switches lol. Misses just reminded me the biggest disappointment was the sunroof blind. You can see through it !
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 09:40   #4
Capt Pugwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzernacker View Post
You are right. I always wanted a q7 and was going for the etron. But the new shape of the q7 is really just plain boring for me (I know others think it is ace). The driver view was great. Iike you I love buttons all over the shop old school type. Would have been great with some mini type switches lol. Misses just reminded me the biggest disappointment was the sunroof blind. You can see through it !
Funnily enough, we are looking at a Mini Cooper Countryman all4 for the wife, at least that will give me my 'gadget fix!' 🤔
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 09:56   #5
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Pugwash View Post
Funnily enough, we are looking at a Mini Cooper Countryman all4 for the wife, at least that will give me my 'gadget fix!' 🤔
Misses has a 17 Tucson premium se and that has all the buttons etc. Setup very nice too.
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:12   #6
Roosterb

Agree. I miss just being able to turn a knob to adjust the temperature. Instead got to mess about with the screen. I know you can speak it but that seems to change temp for both sides.
Roosterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:57   #7
AB-UK
Premier Member

Choosing another radio station by pressing just one button!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:58   #8
Busa1400

I really like the interior on my T8 - the gadgets are great and the seats really look the part -

Last edited by Busa1400; Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:00.
Busa1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 11:41   #9
rejm68

Yes it does! Trying to workout how to change just one side with voice control. Will let you know if we come across the right command!
MY18.5 Inscription Pro D5 Denim Blue Charcoal 21" 8 Spoke (Diamond Cut) Family Pack Xenium Pack Air Suspension Parking Camera Park Assist Pilot Sunroof BLIS Head-Up Display Dark Tinted Windows - Rear Side Windows and Cargo Area 3 pin socket
rejm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 11:46   #10
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejm68 View Post
Yes it does! Trying to workout how to change just one side with voice control. Will let you know if we come across the right command!
That would be handy, as after a while I don't think it would recognise for F*&(s sake just change the damn temp!