Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

iOS 11 & CarPlay problems

Views : 3404

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 16:29   #11
apnicolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
On the subject of iOS11, although not notified, I checked for software update on my iPad.
It is available at 1.8GB download.
Not sure if to go ahead and install it?
Has anyone updated their iPad and have there been any problems?
Thanks.

tem.
I'm holding off updating at the moment, but wondered if there were any problems with having an IPhone on iOS10 and an iPad on iOS11 ?

Photo syncing, handoff, FaceTime all had issues for me in the past when I had different versions of iOS on different devices. Does anyone know, or have experience, of things working fine with this update? Or should I just bite the bullet and update all devices?

Thanks.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 17:03   #12
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apnicolle View Post
I'm holding off updating at the moment, but wondered if there were any problems with having an IPhone on iOS10 and an iPad on iOS11 ?

Photo syncing, handoff, FaceTime all had issues for me in the past when I had different versions of iOS on different devices. Does anyone know, or have experience, of things working fine with this update? Or should I just bite the bullet and update all devices?

Thanks.
I do not have an iPhone, but the devil in me says, update everything.
But it may be better to wait and see if others reply first.

tem.
Old Sep 26th, 2017, 20:33   #13
menacesco
Menacesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpollard View Post
I updated to iOS 11 today and find that the entertainment system keeps switching from DAB radio to CarPlay for no reason every five minutes.

Just a heads up for those of you that use CarPlay that you might want to wait until the bugs have been fixed before updating your iPhone. Would be interesting to hear if anyone else is having any problems.
I had a problem today. After playing Music through CarPlay I tried to revert to DAB and it kept switching back to CarPlay. I disconnected my phone and reconnected and all was well. Obviously needs a fix though!
menacesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2017, 20:29   #14
dougbma50

Default Problems with music apps

I upgraded to iOS11 on my phone and now my Spotify and Deezer do not work on CarPlay. Spotify does work using the native app for the car, just not through CarPlay. That said, I didn't wait 10 minutes, I clicked the apps in CarPlay and waited for 20-30 seconds and then backed out. They both worked before the update to iOS11. The other apps seem to work ok like SIRI integration and iMessaging etc.
dougbma50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 08:22   #15
huggis

CarPlay on my V90 CC keeps randomly disconnecting. Sometimes a minute or two after starting, sometimes longer. This is extremely infuriating and dangerous. In fact I’m finding the whole sensus / CarPlay interface making this the most dangerous car I’ve driven! The iPod integration on my XC60 was far more intuitive and could be navigated COMPLETELY via the steering wheel controls.
huggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 09:13   #16
KNVXC90

Not sure if it is Apple Carplay or Sensus or a phone issue in your case. I have been using Android Auto for 8 months now. The interface and integration with Sensus is rock solid. Never had any disconnects and its great for accessing various music apps, Google Maps and Waze navigation. Voice control is excellent too, for calling, reading out and sending WhatsApp messages.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 19:13   #17
huggis

I have everything up to date on the car and phone. Today it repeatably disconnected / connected until I almost threw the bloody thing thing out the window!
huggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 06:12   #18
Dustinfeld

Default CarPlay issue resolved in 2017 XC90

Hello all. I had the same issue with the iOS 11 update in my wife’s new XC90. First with her iPhone 7 and then with her new iPhone X. Ultimately, a post I read led me to the solution. Someone on one of the threads I read said that in the CarPlay settings on the Volvo system itself they could see previous phones that were added to CarPlay, but they could not remove them. This led me to believe, just like with Bluetooth issues where you remove and re-add the decide, this same thing needed to be done in the CarPlay, but how do you get rid of the previously added devices since there is no delete? Simple, go to the System area in settings and do a complete factory reset, not the personal settings one, the factory one. After that all devices both Bluetooth and CarPlay were gone, all radio station presets are gone, and of course all settings were reset to factory as implied. I then plugged the iPhone X in (iOS 11.2.1) and it immediately asked to connect using CarPlay. Everything seems to work properly.
Dustinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 09:15   #19
Roosterb

^^ Seems a bit extreme just to get the phone connected. Takes ages to get all those settings back.
Roosterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 13:32   #20
Torshen

Yeah, and I've got quite a big library of locations now in the inbuilt Sat Nav, wouldn't want to lose all those.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote