Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DIY Top engine mount

Views : 31098

Replies : 109

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2017, 09:19   #101
wise old monkey
Premier Member

i would say thats broke
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2017, 10:07   #102
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jimbo View Post
This is the mount I removed. I could push the centre out with my thumbs...
That looks like mine and I have silence so if you have a clunk, it's unlikely to be caused by that mount.
Old Jan 19th, 2017, 10:25   #103
wise old monkey
Premier Member

sorry to hijack, but if any one needs a top mount i have a new lemsforder one i dont need, but its for the T5, i dont know if theres any difference between them
wise old monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2017, 11:32   #104
Jonny Jimbo

New top mount came today, so will get that on the car this evening. It's much stiffer and solid compared to the old one, so I'm sure that was part of the issue too.

Saw the vacuum tester on the SiRobb youtube channel, so I have one of those on order too so I can test the front lower mounts too.
Jonny Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 22:29   #105
AndyB06

My cars upper engine mount is shot - I removed the strut bars bolts and the rubber section of the mount (with the bolt through it still in place) was loose and easy to move from side to side. However, I have a problem which sounds a bit daft but it's doing my head in. The bolt which goes through the rubber section has a metal 'cap' on the end which prevents me getting my wrench socket fully over the nut and loosening. This wee cap will not budge - it's almost like it's fused to the nut! Anybody else experienced similar trauma?
AndyB06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 23:04   #106
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB06 View Post
My cars upper engine mount is shot - I removed the strut bars bolts and the rubber section of the mount (with the bolt through it still in place) was loose and easy to move from side to side. However, I have a problem which sounds a bit daft but it's doing my head in. The bolt which goes through the rubber section has a metal 'cap' on the end which prevents me getting my wrench socket fully over the nut and loosening. This wee cap will not budge - it's almost like it's fused to the nut! Anybody else experienced similar trauma?
The middle part is supposed to be "loose" like that it is not an engine mount it is a torque reaction bush it just resists the engine's tendency to rotate around itself in the chassis . So it just resists the back and forth motion , being loose , it settles in the middle without touching the engine hence no vibration goes through it . The metal knob on the end of the bolt is in fact rubber !
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 10:17   #107
qureshia

I've read most of this thread

but just to be 100% clear

My Volvo v70 2005 D5 has a round (torn) top engine mount, can I replace this with the new square design ??

thanks
qureshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 13:16   #108
XC70Bob
XC70 SE lux D5

When I replaced the mounting on my XC70 D5 I purchased it from local Volvo dealer and they now only supply the new type for the D5, it still fits exactly the same.
XC70Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 20:18   #109
qureshia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC70Bob View Post
When I replaced the mounting on my XC70 D5 I purchased it from local Volvo dealer and they now only supply the new type for the D5, it still fits exactly the same.
thanks

New type part ordered
qureshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 16:20   #110
OWF

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is my computer or the browser but I cant seem to open the pdf or any of the following images amongst the thread.

I am looking to do this job at the weekend and although it looks simple enough, it would be nice to have a guide as a backup.

Would you be able to email me the pdf?

Thanks,

Ollie
OWF is offline   Reply With Quote