Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3 month quality assurance inspection

Views : 2536

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 14:56   #21
172navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
I'd have thought the remote controlled car was an extra cost specifically ordered? Maybe I missed a post
I got the remote control car free, I never asked for it. The dealer said other customers get Volvo glasses but XC90 customers are given the car. It was a nice touch.
Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 16:19   #22
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by 172navigator View Post
I got the remote control car free, I never asked for it. The dealer said other customers get Volvo glasses but XC90 customers are given the car. It was a nice touch.
That is indeed a nice touch - I had just assumed you ordered it
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 22:07   #23
XC60Owner

I asked if my dealer offers remote control cars for kids and got this response!

You have enjoyed over XXX reduction on the car which, in most cases, we would sell for full price so I am sure you will understand that we are unable to offer any “Freebies”. The car will have our standard level of fuel which is about a third of a tank.

XXX is less that others here have got!
Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 22:20   #24
basoom

It's looks like you dealer is making favour for selling you a car!!
I would love to buy a car for such dealer, not.
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2016, 22:23   #25
AB-UK
Premier Member

Is there another dealer reasonably close by you can take your car to for servicing etc.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 00:53   #26
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
I asked if my dealer offers remote control cars for kids and got this response!

You have enjoyed over XXX reduction on the car which, in most cases, we would sell for full price so I am sure you will understand that we are unable to offer any “Freebies”. The car will have our standard level of fuel which is about a third of a tank.

XXX is less that others here have got!
Is that a London based dealer or did you go further afield for a better price?
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 08:48   #27
XC60Owner

Local dealer in West Kent - I replied saying I was actually quite offended by his reply - you would think he sells a £70K T8 every day. Car is due to arrive today, but to be honest I feel too annoyed right now to even go and get it.
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 09:01   #28
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
Local dealer in West Kent - I replied saying I was actually quite offended by his reply - you would think he sells a £70K T8 every day. Car is due to arrive today, but to be honest I feel too annoyed right now to even go and get it.
May be worth a call to his boss and explain how you feel.
Old Oct 3rd, 2016, 10:56   #29
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
May be worth a call to his boss and explain how you feel.
Absolutely, I'd forward on the email to the dealer principle and state how unhappy you were with the tone of the response.

My dealer up here in Yorkshire has been absolutely fantastic, throughout the purchase and since. I hadn't agreed a full tank (doh!) before we confirmed the deal, but on the day I picked it up the conversation with my salesman went something like

"And it has a full tank right Stave?"

"Give me 5 minutes Mr Familymangreg and I'll bob around the corner and fill it up for you".

And he duly popped to the filling station next door and filled the car right up for us.

If there is anything wrong with the car, or we want a software update, 3 month check, service whatever, then my dealer are more than happy to arrange for one of their service team who lives close by to pick the car up in the morning on his way in, leaving us a curtesy car and drop it off on the way home. The dealership is a good 1/2 hour drive, so very handy.

My dealership is an independent family owned business. There seems such a variation in the quality for Volvo dealership across the country. Although this might be the same for all manufacturers, I don't know.

:wq