Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest s/w update

Views : 1547

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2017, 20:50   #1
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Latest s/w update

Car's s/w was updated today and now the passenger seat heating (when started automatically because of low external temperature) doesn't go off if there's no-one sitting there. Previously it went off after a minute or so.

Anyone else noticed this?
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 08:17   #2
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Car's s/w was updated today and now the passenger seat heating (when started automatically because of low external temperature) doesn't go off if there's no-one sitting there. Previously it went off after a minute or so.

I haven't had an update since September, so can't comment. However, I really wish there was an easy way to report these bugs directly to Volvo, it's so frustrating!

This forum is surely such a valuable resource to them, let's hope they monitor!

I'm due to get to softwar update next Wednesday, will see then.

:wq
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 09:19   #3
neon
Premier Member

Quote:

Yes, the light is now on with no one sitting there.
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 09:21   #4
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I haven't had an update since September, so can't comment. However, I really wish there was an easy way to report these bugs directly to Volvo, it's so frustrating!

This forum is surely such a valuable resource to them, let's hope they monitor!

I'm due to get to softwar update next Wednesday, will see then.

Yes, so much for the "temporary" shutdown of the useless official Volvo forum.

Volvo are pushing dealers to up their game, I think they need to look more at home first as my dealer is great, limited by Volvo support.
Old Jan 10th, 2017, 16:30   #5
JSYHK

Quote:

Yes they told me it was because the seat sensor in the passenger seat is very poor (my wife can only trigger it by sitting in a very weird fashion). So to fix that they took away the 'off if no one there' feature.
Probably would have more sense to put a better sensor in.....
Old Jan 11th, 2017, 07:46   #6
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSYHK View Post
Yes they told me it was because the seat sensor in the passenger seat is very poor (my wife can only trigger it by sitting in a very weird fashion). So to fix that they took away the 'off if no one there' feature.
That's a shame as this is a feature I really liked, particularly in conjunction with remote start. I've never noticed any problem with the sensor on the seat.

Lexman, have you noticed any new features/improvements? I suspect not, as I imagine Volvo are using current software update to fix issues and Putting all new features on hold.

The new feature I would most like to see is a button on Sensus to toggle between parking sensor display and 360 camera. It's so annoying when you pull forward into a space triggering the parking sensor, you can't easily switch to the 360 camera.

Old Jan 11th, 2017, 10:15   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSYHK View Post
What the dealer said is a bit hard to believe. Seat occupancy detection is also an input to the airbag system so I doubt if they fit a dodgy sensor on such a safety-critical component. It's possible there's 2 separate sensors in the seat but that would seem very unlikely.
Old Jan 11th, 2017, 10:23   #8
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post

Lexman, have you noticed any new features/improvements? I suspect not, as I imagine Volvo are using current software update to fix issues and Putting all new features on hold.
The only thing I've seen so far (or maybe I just never noticed it before!) is additional text on the mobile phone pane in the main Sensus window before you start the engine. It used to just give the name of your phone (I think) but now there's additional text along the lines of "Touch here or start engine to connect phone".
Old Jan 11th, 2017, 11:16   #9
BTXC90

Quote:
The only thing I've seen so far (or maybe I just never noticed it before!) is additional text on the mobile phone pane in the main Sensus window before you start the engine. It used to just give the name of your phone (I think) but now there's additional text along the lines of "Touch here or start engine to connect phone".
I asked my dealer if they can provide detail on the software update that was carried out on the car, they say they don't have the detail and Volvo doesn't tell them. Strange (to me at least)

I don't understand why the dealer/company can not provide details of a software update? Wouldn't they know what bug fixes they have applied or what improvements they are offering to the customers??
Old Jan 11th, 2017, 17:11   #10
JSYHK

Quote:
What the dealer said is a bit hard to believe. Seat occupancy detection is also an input to the airbag system so I doubt if they fit a dodgy sensor on such a safety-critical component. It's possible there's 2 separate sensors in the seat but that would seem very unlikely.
That's a worry - I did see the release notes on this, it seemed to say that the sensor was not faulty but did not always register a person. Its pretty hard on mine to get it working consistently...