Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone want their 240/260 on TV????

Views : 1157

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 13:42   #1
Robert Marshall

Default Anyone want their 240/260 on TV????

Before I start I am not joking, nor am I selling anything.
I work for Granada television in Manchester as a researcher. I am working on a car "makeover" programme, which will be transmitted on Granada's "Men and Motors" cable channel and also on the ITV North region in the 7.30pm weekday slot.

The basic synopsis is that an owner has a car that either needs work, or modifying to fit into the owner's lifestyle. We take the car away and work on it keeping into mind the owner's wishes. We then take the owners away to a location roughly connected with his or her car (i.e. keep them occupied!) until the end of the show when they are reunited with their car.

The basic rules are:

1. The car has to be taxed and Moteed.
2. The car and owner must be located in North Wales, or the North of England, (as the programme will only be transmitted in the northern region and Men and Motors)
3. The owner has to be willing and enthusiastic enough to appear on television.

My Dad works at a Volvo dealer ever since I can remember & hence we have been graced with Volvos all our working lives including various 265 models (not many left now - sob!) I have also read other postings on this forum and I recon that there are enough interesting characters on this board who may be interested or may know of someone who is.

I would like to feature a 200 series. I am open to suggestions from fairly sublime to the daft. An estate being turned into a hearse or a ghostbuster's car would make an interesting show, and would give an underrated car good publicity.

As always we are limited to a spending budget of around £3K per car and we need to consider and perhaps meet any interested people by mid July. We do not really want any di-hard enthusiasts, just somebody who likes their old car and who just needs work doing to tailor his / her individual needs.

Anyone interested in having themselves and their car featured or who has any ideas whatsoever can either e-mail me on marshallrk@hotmail.com or phone on 07773 714 416.

ROB