Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Whats the future for caravanning?

Views : 664

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 07:36   #21
Tannaton
Premier Member
 
Tannaton's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 23:16
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Beverley, East Yorks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB65 View Post
CO2 is 0.04% of the earth's atmosphere, man's contribution to that 0.04% is 3%, if you think that's changing the climate I have a bridge to sell you.
Thatís not what I was saying.... my point was that unlike CO and NOx, CO2 is not a localised.
__________________
2012 V40 D3 SE, 2003 XC90 D5 SE, 2009 Ford Ranger SC, 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 19:58   #22
petey
Master Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 17:09
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chippenham
Default

Hmmm, there seems to be a little erm, confusion re the numbers.
Taking a net figure for global gases and implying that they are evenly distributed across a globe where only 9% of the population own a car isnít the most scientific way of approaching data, not I f youíre using that data to suggest the auto industry and burning stegosauruses is without subsequent effect. It makes for groovy slogans on the side of your bridge, but if said bridge were made using such selective science I would suggest itís (the bridge) not long for this world, at least not at the height itís currently at.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 08:18   #23
Tannaton
Premier Member
 
Tannaton's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 23:16
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Beverley, East Yorks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Hmmm, there seems to be a little erm, confusion re the numbers.
Taking a net figure for global gases and implying that they are evenly distributed across a globe where only 9% of the population own a car isnít the most scientific way of approaching data, not I f youíre using that data to suggest the auto industry and burning stegosauruses is without subsequent effect. It makes for groovy slogans on the side of your bridge, but if said bridge were made using such selective science I would suggest itís (the bridge) not long for this world, at least not at the height itís currently at.
I donít disagree with what you are saying but equally buying a V8 something to take your kids to school and planting 4 trees in your garden next to where itís parked does not make it CO2 neutral either...

NOx and CO are locally toxic, CO2 isnít... its problem is as a greenhouse gas.
__________________
2012 V40 D3 SE, 2003 XC90 D5 SE, 2009 Ford Ranger SC, 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 09:04   #24
TonyB65
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Sep 13th, 2019 10:05
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lambourn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Hmmm, there seems to be a little erm, confusion re the numbers.
Taking a net figure for global gases and implying that they are evenly distributed across a globe where only 9% of the population own a car isnít the most scientific way of approaching data, not I f youíre using that data to suggest the auto industry and burning stegosauruses is without subsequent effect. It makes for groovy slogans on the side of your bridge, but if said bridge were made using such selective science I would suggest itís (the bridge) not long for this world, at least not at the height itís currently at.
It doesn't matter how you dance around it, AGW is not based on science, it's based on fraud. I'm all for cleaner cars and protecting the environment but if you think the miniscule contribution to CO2 that humans as a whole produce, is driving "climate change", that bridge is still for sale if you're interested. Electric vehicles in themselves, are not environmentally friendly and aren't going to change a damn thing, except to produce a worse end product that's hugely inefficient compared to diesel vehicles, as it currently stands.
__________________
667 - Neighbour of the beast.
TonyB65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 07:19   #25
petey
Master Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 17:09
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chippenham
Default

Each to his own...
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 07:50   #26
Selby
Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 21:21
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Selby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB65 View Post
It doesn't matter how you dance around it, AGW is not based on science, it's based on fraud. I'm all for cleaner cars and protecting the environment but if you think the miniscule contribution to CO2 that humans as a whole produce, is driving "climate change", that bridge is still for sale if you're interested. Electric vehicles in themselves, are not environmentally friendly and aren't going to change a damn thing, except to produce a worse end product that's hugely inefficient compared to diesel vehicles, as it currently stands.
All these stupid scientists and years of research. The same scientists even told me the world was round when I know itís flat. Theyíre even saying we shouldnít chop down the rain forest as well - scare mongers.
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selby For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:32   #27
TonyB65
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Sep 13th, 2019 10:05
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lambourn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
All these stupid scientists and years of research. The same scientists even told me the world was round when I know itís flat. Theyíre even saying we shouldnít chop down the rain forest as well - scare mongers.
You mean the Scientists with a 100% track record of being wrong? If you care to check the current snowfall in Russia, the Austrian Tyrol and the Australian ski resorts you'll find snow is coming early, and in the case of Australia staying longer (It also arrived early there this winter as well). Also, you know how the sea levels are supposed to be rising? well in 2012 they built Kooddoo airport in the Maldives on a coral atoll. So sure, if you want to keep buying the snake oil the IPCC is selling then good luck with that one as we move into a solar maunder, you're going to be very disappointed.
__________________
667 - Neighbour of the beast.
TonyB65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 11:53   #28
petey
Master Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 17:09
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chippenham
Default

Iím out. I havenít the crayons.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.