Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Modified and Performance Meets

Views : 4929

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 22:22   #1
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up Volvo Modified and Performance Meets

The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

IC

Last edited by IC; Apr 25th, 2006 at 06:19.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 22:42   #2
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Definately!

We need to show people that Volvo owners are not all purists (not that there's anything wrong with that, though it does put some people off), but merely people who love their cars and enjoy personalising them just like any other car enthusiast.

Plus it's a great opportunity to laugh at you FWD folks as you sit there just spinning your tyres..................
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 22:47   #3
IC
S60R/V70R

Wink lol

Lol, you rwd fellas are all the same however us fwd people can live with that! It was great to see so many rear wheel drive cars on Sunday! (mostly in my rear view mirror) lol!
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 23:08   #4
Grizlyadams
RWD FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC
Lol, you rwd fellas are all the same however us fwd people can live with that! It was great to see so many rear wheel drive cars on Sunday! (mostly in my rear view mirror) lol!
Try keep up on a twisty road with my 945 and try keep up when the 16v penta beast engines in....not going to happen (if it ever happens lol)

See you all at the next one!
Griz
Grizlyadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 07:02   #5
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?
i do think thats a very good idea & after having such a good time at the truck stop would certainly make an effort to attend any more of the same type meets.

Altho i haven't thought of an alternative do think having "modified" or "performance" in the title is pigeon holeing the meet to begin with, i think the success of the Wolverhampton meet was down to the fact that from the begininng everyone knew it was open to all, not just between forum but Volvo's old/new, fwd/rwd, standard/modified & gave everybody a chance to have a close up look at other Volvo's that they wouldn't normally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizlyadams
Try keep up on a twisty road with my 945 and try keep up when the 16v penta beast engines in....not going to happen (if it ever happens lol)
old skool technology with only 16v as well, aint that cute
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 08:48   #6
Grizlyadams
RWD FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango
i do think thats a very good idea & after having such a good time at the truck stop would certainly make an effort to attend any more of the same type meets.

Altho i haven't thought of an alternative do think having "modified" or "performance" in the title is pigeon holeing the meet to begin with, i think the success of the Wolverhampton meet was down to the fact that from the begininng everyone knew it was open to all, not just between forum but Volvo's old/new, fwd/rwd, standard/modified & gave everybody a chance to have a close up look at other Volvo's that they wouldn't normally

old skool technology with only 16v as well, aint that cute
20v is too many for my liking
Grizlyadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 11:43   #7
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango

I agree with you Pedro. For me, I feel that us forum performance and modified bods don't really have anything other than the Crooked Billet meets which is too far for some people (me included, 3 hours each way). Of course everybody/car is welcome and hopefully we'll always have a large modified/performance contingency mixing with standard models.

Maybe we can call it simply Volvo Forum Meets? I would love to see some of the older Volvos like Amazons etc which as you say, probably wouldn't be interested in going to an M & P meet.

Anybody else any ideas?

Last edited by MissDMeanor; Apr 25th, 2006 at 11:54.
MissDMeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 22:56   #8
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Man
Plus it's a great opportunity to laugh at you FWD folks as you sit there just spinning your tyres..................
Just you wait, I'll show you what a fwd with an lsd can do!! I'll be the one laughing.......
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 22:59   #9
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

True, but can you get thrown out of a BKV meet for donutting.........?
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 23:04   #10
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Man
True, but can you get thrown out of a BKV meet for donutting.........?
Dunno, but it would be quite good fun finding out.....