Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars > T5/R Registers

Notices

T5/R Registers Forum for the T5, T5R and R model registers.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Abs/tracs and indicators

Views : 1941

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 18th, 2011, 18:05   #1
Davemate

Default Abs/tracs and indicators

I just bought a 850 T5 all seems fine,i have been driving about all afternoon,however just as I parked it up I have the following fault.
Ignition on, the abs and tracs come on with the other lights they then go out whilst the others are still on.Once the engine has started the abs and tracs light come back on and stay on, I then have no indicators.
Before the engine is started the indicators work, if I push tracs button the tracs light brightens up a bit
Any ideas

Dave (thick newbie)
Davemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 18:12   #2
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Does your Speedo Work (or Bounce about) alot ??? .. the front N/S ABS sensor also give the Speedo its Signal.

Other than that it MAY be the usual ABS ECU Dry Contacts Syndrome Do A search for ABS ECU Fault on here ...

Keith
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 18:29   #3
Davemate

Keith
I did not notice the speedo jumping
So I'll search for the abs/ ecu threads on here
As I said I have been driving about all day and it's been fine,I did have a bloke lift the bonnet to check the air con ready for him to re gas it tomorrow just after I left him the indicators packed up and the abs and tracs light came on,so I don't know if he has knocked anything.I have unplugged and replugged all the conecters around the area where he was.

Dave
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 03:04   #4
Davemate

It would seem I had it wrong,the wife now informs me that when the warning lights are on and the indicators are not working the speedo does not work at all.
I did ask her before but typical woman she has changed her mind but denied ever saying that it did work previously !!!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:21   #5
Davemate

Update,
If when the car starts the abs and tracs off light stay on,the wife told me she does the following,
She turns the engine off,then taps(a light tap) the top of the dash just by the speaker then when she restates the engine the offending lights go off as they should and all is fine
Does this the instrument binacal is on it's way out,I have seen an advert on here for someone who repairs them,is this a common thing or could
It still be the front abs sensor playing up

Am I posting this question in the right place or should I be posting in another area