Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How do you remove front air intake?

Views : 597

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2018, 12:27   #1
XCmacca

Default How do you remove front air intake?

How do you remove the front main air duct from the clip as I want to clean it out due to oil misting out from the turbo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edit.jpg (276.6 KB, 36 views)
XCmacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 22:00   #2
johnnyoro

Undo the jubilee type clip on the right (7mm socket ) Then follow the pipe along to the left over the manifold and you will find another jubilee clip to undo , the mounting in the middle just pulls up although it can be tight.
Be careful not to drop anything down the turbo intake when you have this pipe off.
Hope this helps
johnnyoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyoro For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 18:44   #3
dhr90

I had oil misting out from there as well. Volvo main dealer found it, apparently the official guidance from Volvo is to put a jubilee clip around the left side of that pipe joint in the red and tighten it up around the joint in the pipes.

As johnnyoro says, both ends of the pipe have jubilee clips, I have had some oil trace over the joint on the air pipe near the back of the engine too.

For me it hasn't solved my problems of lack of instant power and mpg about 20% lower than it should be. Recently heard a rattling when lifting off throttle and slowing down too. Unsure if that is related. Have you had any similar symptoms? I'm being driven crazy by this problem!!
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 20:38   #4
XCmacca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
I had oil misting out from there as well. Volvo main dealer found it, apparently the official guidance from Volvo is to put a jubilee clip around the left side of that pipe joint in the red and tighten it up around the joint in the pipes.

As johnnyoro says, both ends of the pipe have jubilee clips, I have had some oil trace over the joint on the air pipe near the back of the engine too.

For me it hasn't solved my problems of lack of instant power and mpg about 20% lower than it should be. Recently heard a rattling when lifting off throttle and slowing down too. Unsure if that is related. Have you had any similar symptoms? I'm being driven crazy by this problem!!
I was helped out by another forum that pointed out this video which solved my oil leaking problem and car is running much smoother, nice cheap fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLhs...ature=youtu.be

Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to XCmacca For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 22:11   #5
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCmacca View Post
I was helped out by another forum that pointed out this video which solved my oil leaking problem and car is running much smoother, nice cheap fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLhs...ature=youtu.be

Good luck!!
Thanks. Volvo applied this fix, paid £130 for the privilege of it to make no difference. A trip back to the garage and a conversation is required I feel. Selekt warranty I would hope might cover this fault if it has come about by the bracket not originally being fitted causing the pipe to fail rather than the pipe/hose itself being the problem?
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 00:05   #6
XCmacca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
Thanks. Volvo applied this fix, paid £130 for the privilege of it to make no difference. A trip back to the garage and a conversation is required I feel. Selekt warranty I would hope might cover this fault if it has come about by the bracket not originally being fitted causing the pipe to fail rather than the pipe/hose itself being the problem?
Check for a bracket, mine is a 2012 XC60 R-Design and has the bracket fitted The wiring loom behind the charge pipe is also taped up :-)
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 20:24   #7
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCmacca View Post
Check for a bracket, mine is a 2012 XC60 R-Design and has the bracket fitted The wiring loom behind the charge pipe is also taped up :-)
No bracket Looks like the loom is taped, although some of the tape is pretty much worn through now. Unless its the insulation tape and not anything extra to prevent the damage from vibrating against it.