Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2007 C70 D5 SE LUX Auto - SRS control unit issue

Views : 417

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 20:51   #1
robinwr

Default 2007 C70 D5 SE LUX Auto - SRS control unit issue

As per the title I have an 07 C70 D5 which threw an SRS fault. Testing by my local Volvo engineer showed that the unit had the dreaded internal error fault and needed to be recoded. Good reviews of Crashdata.co.uk so removed it and sent it to them to be informed that the board was corroded and I needed to get another unit. Found one in Latvia (exactly the same model number etc) and got it sent to Crashdata who programmed it and sent it back to me. Installed in and got engineer to clear the faults - error fault cleared but a passenger airbag deactivation (PAD) switch fault appeared. My car doesn't have the ability to execute PAD but my wife's V50 does. I find that the wiring loom has the connection for the PAD switch so we install the switch and reset the faults. Now we have an error indicating that the roof console doesn't have the ability to light u the PAD indicator (underneath the seat belt indicator).
Now the question is - if I replace this will the fault clear or will I just continue down the path of finding elements of this system needed added or replaced simply because the replacement SRS control unit is looking for PAD?
I chatted with Crashdata who hadn't come across this before. I can only assume that the replacement unit came from a car with PAD.
Can I get the unit re-programmed by Volvo?

All thoughts and advice welcome.
robinwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c70 2007, srs