Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Year 2 Scheduled Service

Views : 967

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2018, 14:52   #1
scusswold

Default XC60 Year 2 Scheduled Service

Hi all,

Any views on what is a good price for the above?

The XC60 is relatively low mileage (22,000) with no issues. To me a price of c.£400 isn't representing good value, especially when the Yr 1 service @ 11,000 was down towards c.£200 incl VAT.

Interested in your views.

Thanks
scusswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 16:36   #2
PJordan

What you quote seems to be the normal dealership pricing, I think it is fairly uniform throughout the UK at main dealers. I was quoted around £420 here in Edinburgh at the Volvo dealer, my second year service is due next January and it does include the fuel filter change which the first year service does not.

In reality the other option of going with an independent service at about £250 approx. are the possible warranty questions and hassles that would no doubt ensue should you need to claim through the main dealer. I know legally it is not a requirement to have a dealership service but to make life easier in such a situation sometimes it is worth the extra £150 (in this scenario). You also get UK & European Volvo Breakdown Assistance included for the next year going with the dealership which to buy the equivalent of must be in excess of £100.

My opinion is at the end of the day, even though it seems more expensive going main dealer service, it actually probably isn't, and well worth the outlay.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 17:29   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scusswold View Post
Hi all,

Any views on what is a good price for the above?

The XC60 is relatively low mileage (22,000) with no issues. To me a price of c.£400 isn't representing good value, especially when the Yr 1 service @ 11,000 was down towards c.£200 incl VAT.

Interested in your views.

Thanks
the 2nd year service includes fuel filter and air filter and you get the software updated of course and breakdown cover , probably around £350 in your area .
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 18:51   #4
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJordan View Post
What you quote seems to be the normal dealership pricing, I think it is fairly uniform throughout the UK at main dealers. I was quoted around £420 here in Edinburgh at the Volvo dealer, my second year service is due next January and it does include the fuel filter change which the first year service does not.

In reality the other option of going with an independent service at about £250 approx. are the possible warranty questions and hassles that would no doubt ensue should you need to claim through the main dealer. I know legally it is not a requirement to have a dealership service but to make life easier in such a situation sometimes it is worth the extra £150 (in this scenario). You also get UK & European Volvo Breakdown Assistance included for the next year going with the dealership which to buy the equivalent of must be in excess of £100.

My opinion is at the end of the day, even though it seems more expensive going main dealer service, it actually probably isn't, and well worth the outlay.

Hope this helps.
Have to say, totally agree with this; for me, the breakdown cover, (lack of) potential warranty hassle, and software updates are enough reason to use the dealer.

But each to their own and I understand why some don't.
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 21:39   #5
HDAV
Master Member

Service costs go
£200 +
£400+
£200+
£400+
£200+
£400+

The 3 and 5 yea service plans makes an awful lot of sense.....
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...price-and-book

Which dealer was that at shop around try a few and ask for discount, can’t hurt....
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HDAV For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 20:34   #6
Jensencars

Hi
Had a similar issue with my xc60 2016 y.o.m had its first/12 month service at 9,000 miles, second service due this month but have still only done 18000 miles,
Booked it in at local volvo dealer when I arrived I had a chat with the service guys and they came back with a price of £260.00 which I agreed and have had done, Still have service history and breakdown cover.
Well happy...
Jensencars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 20:36   #7
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensencars View Post
Hi
Had a similar issue with my xc60 2016 y.o.m had its first/12 month service at 9,000 miles, second service due this month but have still only done 18000 miles,
Booked it in at local volvo dealer when I arrived I had a chat with the service guys and they came back with a price of £260.00 which I agreed and have had done, Still have service history and breakdown cover.
Well happy...
What didnt they do for that price?
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 20:46   #8
Jensencars

Oil, filter, updates, checked other filters and safety video check thing, wash and valet
Jensencars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 21:58   #9
Considered1
Premier Member

Wot Clan said
Don't buy "Premium" cars and expect budget servicing.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote