Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000 V70 XC - £200 - Cowdenbeath (friend's)

Views : 988

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 8th, 2017, 13:58   #1
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Default 2000 V70 XC - £200 - Cowdenbeath (friend's)

**PLEASE READ**

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend up in Scotland who's struggling to rehome his 2000 V70 XC.

You'll need to trailer it away from his unit in Cowdenbeath.

DO NOT PM ME WITH DETAILS ABOUT THE CAR. EMAIL HIM AT:
sblythe@gmail.com

Any PMs sent to me about the car will be ignored.

He wrote the following about it:

My Mrs got this from one of the engineers at her work, it has been off the since 2012.
The car has no battery and will require a set of tyres as they only seem to hold air for a couple of days.

The car does start and run but is leaking fuel at quite a steady rate either from the pump or the line running to the pump, the access to the pump either requires dropping the subframe, prop shaft and exhaust or cutting a small section out under the rear seats - I know which I'd rather do...

I don't think I'll get around to doing anything with it for quite a while.

It has a grey leather interior, manual gearbox, 2.4l turbocharged petrol engine.
It's been off the road for a few years and really needs someone with a bit of enthusiasm for it to get finished, unfortunately that person isn't me, it really is too modern for my tastes.

It will need:
A battery
A set of tyres
Fuel pump looking at
Brakes bled

I have had it running but it will need trailered or transported away. - I am a fan of driving to a pre-booked MoT to get a car home but I would definitely not be doing it in this one. Did I mention the brakes need bled?
It really wouldn't be safe to drive out on the road in its current condition so please bear this in mind.

Pics:

Old Feb 8th, 2017, 17:49   #2
warninglight
VOC Member

Looks a worthy project! I should have an early V70XC to strip in a few weeks, so whoever buys it, drop me a line!

Past: 1997 S70 TDi, 1997 C70 T5 GT, 2003 V70 Bi-Fuel, 2000 Ph2 V70 2.5D, 1997 V70R Auto FWD, 1998 V70R Manual AWD, 2004 XC90 D5 G/T, 2005 S60 D5

Last edited by warninglight; Feb 8th, 2017 at 18:12.
warninglight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to warninglight For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 9th, 2017, 09:19   #3
The Flying Banana

Well its come my way ..quite fancy one of these as i do miss the estate qualities of a Volvo ... not sure anout AWDs tho ..bit of a gamble but at least if it goes wrong i get an egg crate grille for my S70 lol

@ Warninglight......Will keep you in mind to see what is on your XC70 that you will be breaking
The Flying Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 17:15   #4
The Flying Banana

picked it up today..back home , once the gunk was washed of body it is very clean , no scabs, no dents, no scuffed bumpers, in the boot were the original floor mats, boot mat and the small pieces for the sides of boot,

fuel is leaking just under rear drivers side door, maybe it the fuel filter and joins that is leaking...

will see how it goes ..no sooner had I committed to this another car I had my eye on came up....so might not put too much effort into it..we'll see
The Flying Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2017, 21:32   #5
Benjammo

If you could get the car to south yorkshire I'd give you your 200 back for it
Benjammo is offline   Reply With Quote