Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

blind spot syst. service required

Views : 5394

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2015, 14:09   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
you need to check continuity by unplugging the bliss camera and rear door module

[should i check continuity only on the LIN line, if yes, the front right door camera LIN line is connected to the PDM, so how do i check that, looking on the wiring diagram that i have i cannot see the complete wiring diagram routing between the front camera and the rear right door] If you have this schematic please share with me and pinpoint which wires i must emphasize on critically when checking continuity....

.. check for shorts to Live and shorts to earth ..
In which lines or only the LIN

also when connected check the digital signals on the wire ..
[ which of the tool can be use to check for this digital signals, Is Voltmeter okay for this work or i must use the scan tool]

a LED with a 400 ohm resistor in series is ideal for testing this you can see it flashing fast when there is data on the wire .

[ This LED you re talking about, can you show me some example online that is build in serials with resistors. I can make my own home type, Now after this LED being ready where should it be connected at, is it at the front passenger door camera harness after unplugging it or is there any different place, would i be carrying any test related to the camera at the driver side as well]

https://www.mediafire.com/?nebgeq8pm8x5rwf

Hope the above diagram is what i need to build in other to make the check with the LED and resistor
Quote of your message:
the green/white wire goes from the passenger door module to the rear door module and on its way goes to the Passenger BLIS Camera too . It is all the same wire

[the green/white wire goes from the passenger door module to the rear door module and on its way goes to the Passenger BLIS Camera too . It is all the same wire

The LIN line goes separately to this 2 modules, i mean the right passenger front door camera and the rear right door, but all meet at the PDM

that is

Rear Right module LIN moves from pin 20 to the PDM pin 20 in the C1 connector
And the front passenger right side camera LIN also moves from pin 4 to the PDM pin 4 in the C2 connector of same Controller(PDM)

Now you were line the green/white wire goes from the passenger door to the rear door module and TO ITS WAY GOES TO THE PASSENGER BLIS CAMERA{ this statement sound as if there is a joint of wire connecting the same wire that goes to the right rear door module to the front camera... }
It really is a lot more simple than it appears . You only need to concentrate om this Green/white LIN wire .
The green/white stripe wire is the LIN data communication wire , it sends and receives control messages from the door module to the Camera and rear door ..
The fault codes indicate a problem with the signal on this wire .

The LIN wire comes from Pin 20 on the door module , the LIN wire from BLISS camera and Rear door module both come in to connect at the PDM at pin 20 ..

you need to determine first if there is a digital signal on this data wire .. it is a 12v signal rapidly switching on/off .. an oscilloscope is the best way of looking at it . but if you get a small LED with a series resistor of about 400 ohms , connect its negative to earth and use the positive to probe the LIN wire you should make out a rapid flickering if the signal is there ..
the fault code indicates the signal is faulty ..

If your basic continuity checks on teh LIN wire is ok , you have to assume the PDM is not sending it out or sending out an incorrect signal .

Another problem may be the BLIS or Rear door module is corrupting the signal , so disconnect the LIN from first the rear door module and see if BLIS works , Then disconnect it from the Mirror camera and see if the rear door works ..

My feeling is the PDM is faulty ..
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 16:10   #12
forumoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It really is a lot more simple than it appears . You only need to concentrate om this Green/white LIN wire .
The green/white stripe wire is the LIN data communication wire , it sends and receives control messages from the door module to the Camera and rear door ..

The LIN wire comes from Pin 20 on the door module , the LIN wire from BLISS camera and Rear door module both come in to connect at the PDM at pin 20 ..

you need to determine first if there is a digital signal on this data wire .. it is a 12v signal rapidly switching on/off .. an oscilloscope is the best way of looking at it . but if you get a small LED with a series resistor of about 400 ohms , connect its negative to earth and use the positive to probe the LIN wire you should make out a rapid flickering if the signal is there ..

If your basic continuity checks on teh LIN wire is ok , you have to assume the PDM is not sending it out or sending out an incorrect signal .

Another problem may be the BLIS or Rear door module is corrupting the signal , so disconnect the LIN from first the rear door module and see if BLIS works , Then disconnect it from the Mirror camera and see if the rear door works ..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from your previous message:

[Looking on Mitchell data,

the rear right door LIN line and the Front right door camera LIN do not meet at same point point in the PDM, but from your message as if they meet at the same point, please re-cross check to me sure.. because i am seeing two different harness that is C1 and C2, and they all have different pinning point at which this LIN line from this two controllers meet in at the PDM
forumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 06:43   #13
forumoto

Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------

So what will you say if after testing all this and yet still the camera does not WARM UP, what does it means...
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 18:09   #14
forumoto

Thumbs up

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulation, I have access to the car today and carried out all we discussed, firstly on the green white wire and lo and behold to my surprise, there was no communicatioin in the c2-pin4 from the pdm to the rcm, so when I try to probe that wire, I got to a point to see that one junction connector has water intrusion and rusted the LIN pin that link to the other side, after opening the check, I repair the open circuit, and that got the error away from the panel and now the bliss light flashes and all is well now,

Thank you very much in million times, May the good LORD bless you always
The Following User Says Thank You to forumoto For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 20:03   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulation, I have access to the car today and carried out all we discussed, firstly on the green white wire and lo and behold to my surprise, there was no communicatioin in the c2-pin4 from the pdm to the rcm, so when I try to probe that wire, I got to a point to see that one junction connector has water intrusion and rusted the LIN pin that link to the other side, after opening the check, I repair the open circuit, and that got the error away from the panel and now the bliss light flashes and all is well now,

Thank you very much in million times, May the good LORD bless you always
a good result :-)
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 18:06   #16
Argyllt6

Default Blue module

Hi. Can I ask where was the module with the corroded pin?
Argyllt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 20:51   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyllt6 View Post
Hi. Can I ask where was the module with the corroded pin?
It is the green mirror plug just behind the door panel under the mirror inside the car ..
Old Apr 17th, 2019, 11:43   #18
Argyllt6

Cheers Clan. I've checked continuity from the mirror to the green plug. Then both sides of the green plug,all good. After speaking to volvo this morning seemingly it's common for the module in the door to fail. 31343469 part number. £270 from volvo or £100 2nd hand. Worried it might need coded to the car though.. might just stick a piece of black tape over the blis light in the meantime.

Last edited by Argyllt6; Apr 17th, 2019 at 11:49.
Argyllt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2019, 13:25   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyllt6 View Post
Cheers Clan. I've checked continuity from the mirror to the green plug. Then both sides of the green plug,all good. After speaking to volvo this morning seemingly it's common for the module in the door to fail. 31343469 part number. £270 from volvo or £100 2nd hand. Worried it might need coded to the car though.. might just stick a piece of black tape over the blis light in the meantime.
It is pretty obvious if water has got in the green connector , blue/green crystallised material like dry salt on the pins and socket .
Its not common for the module to fail they are guessing , they need to diagnose it and prove what the problem is .