Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

Views : 18178

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2010, 23:29   #31
262coupe

No mate.... at first direct line said they only had the 185 but on closer look at their lists the 200 was there.... and it was cheaper than my old V8 xc to insure....... by £7 ;-)
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 00:04   #32
drpepper

Volvo also do a 7 day free cover which buys a bit of time and allows for reg/taxing by the dealer.
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 15:51   #33
drpepper

Well mine has arrived at dealer on time, just been and had a nosey around it and finalised some paperwork, looks very inviting and pretty well put together, you can imagine my surprise on opening it up and looking inside to find the standard 'dark wood' trim instead of the Brushed Ali I ordered!! My surprise was only superseeded by the dealers panic when i pointed it out......spoke to broker and he definately ordered it so down to dealer.

My thinking here is they pulled in whatever they had in build and plan to swap the trim while fitting sidesteps and FPA, however I seem to recall someone else had this issue and it wasn't that simple (will search for the thread).

I've initially told them it's a show stopper, however if they come back and say it can't be changed I may decide to take it for adequate compensation for the **** up, 3 years free servicing sounds about right.......?
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 16:02   #34
artwilliam

Man these guys really couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery!

I really don't like the wood so I'd refuse the car if they can't sort it.
Sounds harsh but I just couldn't sit in all that wood - way too Allegro Vanden Plas!
artwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 16:07   #35
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwilliam View Post
Man these guys really couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery!

I really don't like the wood so I'd refuse the car if they can't sort it.
Sounds harsh but I just couldn't sit in all that wood - way too Allegro Vanden Plas!
Not sure how they can call it Dark Wood, it looks nothing like wood anyway I guess personal taste and all that, anyway just received a call from broker who's had dealer on phone, admitted their **** up but a none issue as they are going to swap it for the Brushed Ali, won't affect planned collection when I get back from business trip next Thursday so all happy.

I've trawled through the forum to find a thread where another guy had same issue and dealer had said it couldn't be swapped, can't find it though so if you are out there reading this then they are taking the **** as my dealer is doing just that!

Just hoping the other factory options (spare wheel and RSE) are actually on board now, lol
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 16:11   #36
XCF
Master Member

I think the issue is the Exec has wood around the radio (in addition to the cupholder / gear lever / above glove box / rear ash tray which are all easily swappable) and this is what a previous person indicated couldn't be replaced.

Not sure what an Exec has around the radio if wood trim is not specified - presume it's plain black plastic like the rest of the range ?

Is the 3 year servicing offer still on (at £300) - didn't think it was so I can't imagine the dealer offering to provide it as it's worth around £1000. At best you might get one service / or accessory vouchers ( how about Front Park Assist / rear camera ?)
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 20:56   #37
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCF View Post
I think the issue is the Exec has wood around the radio (in addition to the cupholder / gear lever / above glove box / rear ash tray which are all easily swappable) and this is what a previous person indicated couldn't be replaced.

Not sure what an Exec has around the radio if wood trim is not specified - presume it's plain black plastic like the rest of the range ?

Is the 3 year servicing offer still on (at £300) - didn't think it was so I can't imagine the dealer offering to provide it as it's worth around £1000. At best you might get one service / or accessory vouchers ( how about Front Park Assist / rear camera ?)
They've told me they can sort it so I'm expecting it all to be sorted including the bit around the radio......
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 21:09   #38
Golfather

Looks fantastic mate, congratulations!
Golfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 10:14   #39
moncman

262 coupe and any other lucky 200hp owners who have taken delivery - did you get out much this weekend and is the car still living up to expectations?
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 20:47   #40
262coupe

Hi Moncman, not so much at the weekend but have been on a 80 mile trip today and yes ....as good as ever. Had a full load of 7 people last night and it was fine. I guess if I'm going to be ultra picky the D5 is a bit ...erm ... agricultural but then coming from the silky V8 it was always going to be but in it's favour it seems quite gutsy and pulls strongly even when the gearbox shifts up. Fuel economy today was overall 30.3 which was ok....ish. Still not great as I think the V8 would have given about 27 in the same conditions which is ironic as I'm sure loads of people were scared off of the V8 by fear of fuel consumption.
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote