Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

855 White R Automatic

Views : 1685

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 20:03   #1
st5ve
S60 R

Default 855 White R Automatic

For Sale: My Volvo 850 R Automatic Estate

Price = £2,750
First registered = 7 September 1996
Number of former keepers = 3
MOT Expires = 2 November 2009
TAX Expires = 30 June 2009
Colour Exterior = White
Colour Interior = Cream
Mileage = 234k Miles

I acquired the R on 25 November 2007 from a member on Volvo Performance Club UK.
The previous owner did a lot of the servicing himself and did not document the service history at all well.
Since my ownership I have brought the R up to a very good standard, it is not a minter but can be described as very good condition.

Since my ownership the R has undergone the following work:

18 January 2008
Full Service
Replace the cambelt and tensioner
Replace turbo seal
Replace complete breather system
Replace front and rear pads
Forte engine flush
Oil and oil filter change (Magnatec oil)
Replace front lower arm inner bushes
Replace plugs, rotor arm, cap and leads.

February 2008
All five Volan alloys re painted by Wheel Wizards

13 February 2008
Replace battery with genuine Volvo

28 February 2008
Replaced all wheel caps

28 March 2008
Brand new Volvo front spoiler and rear bumper fitted, car fully mopped and paint touched up where needed. The old spoiler and bumper are available to view to show no sign of accident damage.

30 October 2008
Good garage scheme full service
Forte engine flush
Oil and filter change (Magnatec oil)
Replace o,s,f brake calliper
Replace rear brake shoes and fitting kit
Replace brake pipe
Replace steering rack gator
Replace o,s inner tie rod
Replace o,s outer track rod

Tyres are all in very good condition with 6 to 7mm of tread (Avon ZZ3's fitted)
Interior is very clean and in very good condition

This car is an absolute pleasure to drive, very responsive with excellent handling qualities, everything works as it should apart from the air conditioning which has not worked since I purchased the car, it will still heat/cool the car and demist the windscreen.

Look at my profile for pictures of the car. *edit (The pictures are before any of the work was done on the car, the calipers are no longer red, the spark plug cover has been replaced (the old one was painted red!) and of course the alloys have been painted and the spoiler and rear bumper was replaced.*

If you are interested please pm me.

Last edited by st5ve; Dec 7th, 2008 at 22:25. Reason: To state the pictures are before work done
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 16:36   #2
AndysR
VOC Member

Shame your selling the 55 I bet it looks good seeing it parked next to the 54 on the drive. Hopefully the new owner will look after it being as white R's are like rocking horse doo doo!
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 01:48   #3
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
Shame your selling the 55 I bet it looks good seeing it parked next to the 54 on the drive. Hopefully the new owner will look after it being as white R's are like rocking horse doo doo!
Hi Andy,
I don't really want to sell this car, it is me being impatient more than anything else. My T5 has a bit of work that needs doing instead of waiting until I have the spare cash I thought about selling the 855 R, then using the proceeds for some of the planned upgrades on the T5.
I have been thinking about keeping her and taking all the modified parts of my T5 and putting them on the R (The Koni ssk, goodridge brake hoses, samco turbo hoses, ipd anti roll bars, feritta exhaust). And sell the T5 with the R parts fitted, I must be part woman cause I just cant make my mind up! When or if the engine blows then replace with new R engine but I just can't make my mind up if I am honest.

Having 3 850's is alot of fun but I am upsetting the neighbours as I can only park one on the drive the rest go on the road, I normally use the 855 for long journeys, the T5 is/was a track day car and the 854 I would like to show and take to meets when I get her up to scratch.

The wife has giving me the ok to use some of the savings we have to sort out the T5 but I would prefer to keep that for a rainy day.

I may post a thread for opinions but that just maybe a tad sad.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 01:56   #4
st5ve
S60 R

For those who have not been able to view my album here are some pics of the car

Last edited by st5ve; Feb 15th, 2013 at 20:00.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 02:02   #5
st5ve
S60 R

Some interior shots

Last edited by st5ve; Feb 15th, 2013 at 20:00.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 02:06   #6
st5ve
S60 R

Some pics of the engine and alloys

Last edited by st5ve; Feb 15th, 2013 at 19:59.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 10:52   #7
John_C
Allons-y!

Will be such a shame to see it go Hope it goes to someone who'll appreciate it and best of luck with the sale.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 21:08   #8
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Will be such a shame to see it go Hope it goes to someone who'll appreciate it and best of luck with the sale.
Thanks John, don't really want to let this go especialy getting it something like it.

For the right vehicle I may consider doing a p/x, I am looking for a track day car so if you have a modified T4 or T5 that would be suitable for track day use, would need to be road legal. I may also consider others like kit cars, pm me if you have something in mind.

Tags
850, sale, t5r, volvo, white