Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

P1800S bits n bobs

Views : 1236

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 16:04   #1
TMC

Default P1800S bits n bobs

After some parts as my car is nearing restoratation and although I thought I had them at the begining they've either gone on walk-about or I threw them as the quality wasn't good enough.....anyway here goes:
  • Interior Mirror - must have good glass.
  • Trim around door / rain gutter - must be excellent, both sides
  • Knobs to Fan, Wipers and Lights or if not knobs then switches themselves
  • Radio knobs.
Seems like I've lost my knobs.....unless they're in the box marked 'knobs'....which I just can't locate.

If you can help please drop me a line.

Thanks

Last edited by TMC; Oct 29th, 2012 at 16:12.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:09   #2
blind-dog-birtles

Hi, I've a couple of spare dashes for the 1800s, I believe one still has switches with knobs on still fitted, I'd have to check which switches they are but I should have a full set.
Pete.
blind-dog-birtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 03:59   #3
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

Are you still looking for a mirror? If your is structural ok, your local glass guy can re-mirror them. If its beyond that, I might have one around. But the 's' cars had and early & late version of that mirror.

What radio are you looking for knobs for? There were several different radios installed in those.

Chris
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 00:43   #4
TMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind-dog-birtles View Post
Hi, I've a couple of spare dashes for the 1800s, I believe one still has switches with knobs on still fitted, I'd have to check which switches they are but I should have a full set.
Pete.
Sorry been away from the forum for a while, helping my father with his MG ZB Varitone rebuild too. Would be grateful if you get back to me if you still have the switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_strangelove View Post
Are you still looking for a mirror? If your is structural ok, your local glass guy can re-mirror them. If its beyond that, I might have one around. But the 's' cars had and early & late version of that mirror.

What radio are you looking for knobs for? There were several different radios installed in those.

Chris
Chris, with regards to the mirror I'm after the housing and glass, the mount in the dash has been trimmed in leather, so that's fine. The car is a '66 if that helps?

As for the Radio, from it's a Blaupunkt Bremen with the silver facia.

If either of you are able to help it would be appreciated

Thanks
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 23:33   #5
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I have one in a car that would be correct for your car (I think the slightly larger face ones were a year or two later).

It's not in show ready shape but it's in good shape. The pivot is firm but not overly stiff. There is a brown spot on the back (non mirror side) from a former sticker on there. Very usable but if your car is going to be more than a average daily driver, you might repaint this one and put new glass in it....

Let me know.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4788[1].JPG (49.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4789[1].JPG (36.2 KB, 8 views)
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 11:38   #6
TMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_strangelove View Post
I have one in a car that would be correct for your car (I think the slightly larger face ones were a year or two later).

It's not in show ready shape but it's in good shape. The pivot is firm but not overly stiff. There is a brown spot on the back (non mirror side) from a former sticker on there. Very usable but if your car is going to be more than a average daily driver, you might repaint this one and put new glass in it....

Let me know.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Would certainly be interested to know price including shipping to uk. You don't have any knobs do you for Fan, Lights, Wipers?

Thanks, Mark
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 16:27   #7
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I pulled that mirror and tossed it on the scale. Boxed up it's about $15 for me to get it to you. I'm thinking $20 for the mirror.

I also dug about and found I have a few knobs. Some have a some fadding to them (they get clear) and some have some cracking at the edges. But I don't know how bad your are....

I took some photos but forgot that camera in the shop. I will try to post those up this evening....

Chris
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 03:59   #8
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

The knobs that I have for an early 1800.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4802.JPG (35.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4803.JPG (28.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4804.JPG (41.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4805.JPG (40.3 KB, 7 views)
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 21:13   #9
TMC

Hi Chris,

Happy Holidays thanks for your posts, if you could maybe suggest a price on your knobs I give it a thought. Currently out of the uk for a wk, but will be picking up mail when not on the 'piste' :-)

Thanks so far though.

Regards, Mark
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:16   #10
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I'm thinking $6 each...

Chris