Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

my 46000 mile 940 lpt saloon...

Views : 5934

Replies : 71

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2016, 14:59   #71
S40D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
S40, you don't have to give me a great lecture. As I have already said the car is yours to do with as you please. I relinquished all right to the car on 10th June when I sold it to George. What you do with it is your business and nothing to do with me or anyone else nor do you have to justify your actions to me or anyone else. I was merely taken aback at the price you were asking but I am getting over it! You have given your views and I have given you mine. Full stop. As I have already said and you have also, the car is in exceptional condition and any would be purchaser can do so in full confidence.
With regard to the mileage advertised in AutoTrader, I'm sure it said 36,000 which was the mileage when I bought it. I haven't gone back to the advert to check this so if I am wrong, apologies and there is no need to give me a lengthy tirade.
I am sure you are a perfectly decent fellow, George says you are.
Subject closed as far as I am concerned.

That is fine, I'm sure you are a decent person too, but I am defending myself by justifying my actions as I was quite offended by the comments on here, they got my back up. I always think if you are going to comment on someones actions you need to be in full receipt of the relevant facts first, and so I was simply providing them.

I'm afraid insinuating someone is advertising a car with 10,000 less miles than it has on it is not something you want to do without double checking, as its quite the acusation to a motor trader, and indeed you were mistaken.

Agreed, case closed, I've said all I have to say.
S40D Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S40D Sport For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 21:37   #72
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Jesus, just noticed this! Just to clarify things. When I bought the car from bob, it wasn't advertised, I had heard about it and tracked him down!! The car was, is, and will remain I will bet, one of the best in the U.K. Bob and I did a deal on my birthday, June 10th and I added 10,000 trouble free miles onto it, only selling in the end due to health issues. After a few weeks of advertising, Matt contacted me and essentially bought the car over the phone without viewing. I was honest about the fact a paid £1500 for the car, I think bob paid slightly less but certainly around the same amount. He had it serviced in his tenure so it 'owed' him at least £1500. Bob did not try to make money from me, and I never tried to make money from Matt. I had the car serviced and put two new tyres on her before sale so that few hundred pounds was what the car cost me to cover all those comfortable miles. I delivered the car to Matt in Belfast and he covered all my expenses in doing so.

History lesson over. If anyone has any right to feel aggrieved here (and I don't think they do), it is me. Many have assumed Matt was simply out to make a buck, but he told me from first contact he was a Volvo enthusiast who bought and sold the odd car, using them daily where possible. His posting history on this forum is transparent and shows the same thing. I have no isssues with him selling the car on, indeed, if he gets the kind of price he is asking, it will surely go to another enthusiast who will keep it in the manner it has become accustomed to. Even if the above had not been the case, and Matt had duped me, I genuinely would not feel hoodwinked in any way. I have sold cars previously and people have made a packet selling them on, similarly, when I bought and sold unusual old motors, I was as honest as Matt has been, and returned good profit on many of the cars I bought. Surely we relinquish any right to comment when we cannot look after a car and pass it onto another owner. I would have been annoyed if it had ended up being a drifter car or the like, but again, would have had no right to comment.

In a nutshell, had Matt deceived me in any of the ways mentioned above, I would have reason to be upset. He did not and I will keep in touch with him as he was, and is, a genuine young Volvo enthusiast ...the future of your beloved marque. Some on here alienate these members, particularly one who held office on this forum. If you guys want this forum to have a future it must be inclusive and welcoming to all.

Anyhow, I hope you find a good owner for the car, it was truly special.
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote