Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1988 760 turbo intercooler manual 100k

Views : 7176

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2013, 13:46   #11
lixah
Master Member

bump still for sale
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 16:09   #12
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
As pointed out in another post these cars are for avid collectors really,If all someone wants is a 2.3L turbo then later 940's are still plentiful and relatively cheap.
They are becoming thin on the ground but as I said only collectors would truly want to save these cars.
I would love to own one myself but considering I would want to run it as a classic I would be wanting it pristine and original.Although your lovely car isn't to bad it would cost a fair bit to get it to a show standard which means it would need to be cheap to buy.I really wish you well with selling it to an enthusiast.
Regards Brian.
Cannnot help but agree Brian.
These facelift 760s are not as attractive (IMO) as the original cars, and saloons less so (I'm talking attractive with regard to buyers).
The facelift 760 was the model that Volvo used to take the product upmarket with the 960.
I think you'd struggle to get much more than £750 if the car was mint with low ownership (2 or 3), low miles (sub 50K) and a rock solid provenance. A person looking for a value for money classic can't go far wrong with an original 744 - these will be the cars to watch out for in a few year's time - if you fancy one buy now.
The OPs car looks like it needs at least his asking price spending on it - tyres, cambelt...etc.
Sorry but I think I'm being realistic.
Good luck regardless.
Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 20:55   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

I think the pre-facelift models are more attractive from a looks aspect as well with their "squashed Lagonda" type styling. The rounded off 940/60 look worked well on the 940/60 cars but looked out of place on the 740/60.
From a buyers point of view, i would think the older ones would be more desirable in as much as they are the shape most people know for the 700 range and more easily identified as such.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2013, 23:27   #14
Paffel
VOC Member

No luck Lixah?
Keep at it, ultimately it only needs one buyer. Get it through its MOT as that will carry weight with selling the car. If you need a temporary exhaust for it, i'll take the one off my 940 if it fits!

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paffel For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2013, 00:57   #15
lixah
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paffel View Post
No luck Lixah?
Keep at it, ultimately it only needs one buyer. Get it through its MOT as that will carry weight with selling the car. If you need a temporary exhaust for it, i'll take the one off my 940 if it fits!
na still have it. im sort of half hartedly selling, had it on ebay then in a moment of madness removed the auction because i thought i was making a mistake. would really like to keep, but really have no where to store, and could use the money. But yeah, i think i will put in for an MOT, i'll see what advisories come out and then get them sorted. appreciate the offer, will let you know about the exhaust!

thanks, matt.
Old May 18th, 2013, 17:44   #16
Kevs Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixah View Post
na still have it. im sort of half hartedly selling, had it on ebay then in a moment of madness removed the auction because i thought i was making a mistake. would really like to keep, but really have no where to store, and could use the money. But yeah, i think i will put in for an MOT, i'll see what advisories come out and then get them sorted. appreciate the offer, will let you know about the exhaust!

thanks, matt.
Good man. Put it in for test. For a fifty odd quid investment, you might be surprised, they are very strong cars as you know and with and a new MOT, you may get closer to what you want for the car.
Kevs Estate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevs Estate For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2013, 18:46   #17
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

The sad bit is a lot of buyers won´t see it as an investment but just ¨another car¨ and as such an MoT will make all the difference.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:15   #18
lixah
Master Member

ok she's going in for an MOT today, wish her luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lixah For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:38   #19
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Good luck!! Hope she passes with no advisories!

Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:47   #20
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Might be if some help to bear this unsold one in mind -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1908384692...84.m1423.l2648

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote