Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 940 sports estate manual

Views : 26210

Replies : 233

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 13:51   #11
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Quote:
Originally Posted by T240 View Post
You didn't buy that lilac 960 off ebay, did you?
No I inherited them long story.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 15:08   #12
LankyTim
Missing the point

Little end means new engine? That changes things a bit!
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 15:35   #13
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

wow £500 for a black sports edition with a ****ed engine, that must make my own worth a fortune then.

Interesting to hear about the the 2 different types of black paint options on the sport, i'll have to try and narrow down what one mine is now.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 20:03   #14
amaz'in

Hi Chesh,

I thought just the same tihing myself, what's my perfectly running and very clean Sports worth then? gotta laugh eh?

Apparently, she (mum in law) was very confused about what was actually wrong with it,i'm not sure how brakes get confused with a little end.

He said he would let me know when she made her mind up on the whole situation, but people always say that and I suspect I will never hear anything, who knows.

I couldn't really even counter with an offer after he told me she wanted at least £ 500.00 for it, what with needing to trailer it home, no tax or mot etc, had the engine been Ok, it would have helped, their repair guy told them around £200.00 would sort the little end out? yeah right.

I would have liked to at least view the car, but he didn't seem keen on that either?

Still, at least we have all seen a Black sports now eh? it didn't look like a pearl effect paint in the pictures, hard to say, so probably just Black.

James
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 20:07   #15
amaz'in

Hi Chesh,

Forgot to say, 'where in Bedford are you?' I'm hopefully heading to Bedford on Sunday, if my job in Leeds goes OK if not next week, but aiming for later on Sunday MK43 area?

Be nice to see a brace of Sports eh? do you think they would make a breeding pair and have baby Spots offspring, imagine how popular the litter would be on the forum here

James
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 20:11   #16
LankyTim
Missing the point

As the owner of a black 940 id like to say its not much fun.. its very hard to keep clean, shows up evey imperfection and its generally a pain. It does look fantastic when polished though!

I recon that sport is worth 200ish, considering its lack of MOT and tax and its damaged engine. I bet on closer inspection theres a whole lot more wrong with it, damaged wheels, interior e.t.c. For that price its worth taking on as a project though.
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 20:36   #17
amaz'in

Hi Tim,

Just what I thought, people go mad for the wheels and he said loads of people had asked him for a pic of the wheels, my car is very good condition, but had different wheels on it when I bought the car, the original Galaxy wheels came with the car, but most folk don't consider how much they will cost to re-furbish.

Any wheel of that age is going to need it if they haven't already been done in recent times. I took my wheels to a local guy who said they were the worst conditioned wheels he had seen and actually had do do them twice.

It cost me the thick end of £200.00 for the five wheels and I was very pleased with the end result, although the wheel guy was apologetic for a less than mint finish? (not his fault)

New is mint, and anything else is second best as far as i'm concerned.

When my Car was almost pronounced dead recently (turned out to be ignition amplifier/power stage) 4 local Volvo guy's circled like Vultures for the wheels...crazy.

James
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 22:09   #18
LankyTim
Missing the point

How much are Galaxies worth nowadays anyway? I might be selling mine to help fund an LPG conversion.
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 22:40   #19
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaz'in View Post
Hi Chesh,

Still, at least we have all seen a Black sports now eh? it didn't look like a pearl effect paint in the pictures, hard to say, so probably just Black.

James
James

Looks exactly the same colour as mine below which is a kinda mettalicy black. I do happen to live in the Mk43 region of bedford but i'm unsure if i'll be back at home on sunday as am out for the day and evening on the saturday having a few beverages. If the weather is none too fantastic on the sunday i won't be hurrying home as i cant work on my 740 project in the rain. It would appear that when ever i have a week of work the weather goes to utter crap.

Tim, as for the value of galaxies it all depends on how badly someone whats a set and what there willing to pay, I sold the 5 from my sport which had bald tyres and needed a refurb for £400. I've then seen mint sets with good tyres go for the same price, its the same with polaris alloys. But the galaxies are a fair bit more common than the polaris which is why i'd have to be offered a lot of money to sell any of my sets, or I'd use them as a reason to bump up the value of selling my 940 sport.

Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 21:55   #20
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: chats with the ebayer

Yep,

I spoke to him too.

He never mentioned anything about a 'little end' problem to me, and hinted that withdrawing it was a sentiment thing, not a money issue. Promised to keep me appraised of developments.

I was, as everyone knows, thinking in project terms with it. Too rare to break.

Cheers,

T

p.s. Don't encourage him Chesh, I know how much he paid for those galaxies!

Last edited by T240; Nov 26th, 2009 at 22:02.
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote