Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Door lights (wing mirrors)

Views : 4402

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2021, 18:25   #1
geoffs

Default Door lights (wing mirrors)

When are these supposed to come on?

I can get them to light when I press the lamp button on my key fob, but they don’t come on when I open the door to get in/out

Or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

The locator lights also don’t come on when I unlock at night.

Thoughts??
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 19:05   #2
Mattf1623

I picked up my S60 R Design Nav Lux in November and had exactly the same thought, upon speaking to the dealer the puddle lights only come on when using the lamp button on the remote, bizarre as all other cars I've had with puddle lights come on automatically when unlocking the car .
Mattf1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 19:15   #3
Hucksterhawk
Steven

On my C30 when ignition is off you pull the indicator light stalk towards you to switch on all the lights, (guide me home) the puddle lights come on then, all lights on for thirty seconds (you can change duration in lighting settings).

Regards

Steven
Hucksterhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hucksterhawk For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 19:22   #4
Mattf1623

Cheers Steven , I'll try this after work tonight to see if it applies to mine !!
Mattf1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 19:37   #5
Deck1ng
Master Member

[QUOT bizarre as all other cars I've had with puddle lights come on automatically when unlocking the car .[/QUOTE]

But a Volvo isn’t like every other car. It doesn’t have to be .
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 23:18   #6
Bashy
Aged Member

I asked this same question a few weeks back (V70), mine dont even come on pulling the stalk back, that just flashes the neighbours opposite
Old Jan 31st, 2021, 12:19   #7
Deck1ng
Master Member

Checked last night on my XC60 2012. Fob button only, front LED lights, Orange side markers, mirror puddle lights, rear Lamps.
I get none of these when just unlocking car in dark.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 22:11   #8
geoffs

OK, so few weeks on now, mirror lights are only on the fob button, so installed the puddle lights in the bottom of the door pockets, work great in the dark, light the ground up excellently when you open the front doors.

If you dont have them already, i can reccomend you fit some, really easy and the wiring is already in place, you just have to release the door card (couple of screw and some clips along the bottom. Look for a bit of foam and a couple of wires taped up near the middle of the door.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoffs For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 11:19   #9
Stevepvolvo

Hi Geoff’s
Sounds intriguing 🤨
1) what’s your vehicle?
2) where did you get the lights from ?
3) some pics ?
Cheers
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 12:34   #10
laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffs View Post
OK, so few weeks on now, mirror lights are only on the fob button, so installed the puddle lights in the bottom of the door pockets, work great in the dark, light the ground up excellently when you open the front doors.

If you dont have them already, i can reccomend you fit some, really easy and the wiring is already in place, you just have to release the door card (couple of screw and some clips along the bottom. Look for a bit of foam and a couple of wires taped up near the middle of the door.
It' something i'd like to do to my XC60 but not sure if it has the wires for doing this also will need to get the right tools to remove the door card if you have any pics much appreciated