Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11306

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2017, 15:31   #1
Samrainbow

Default Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊
Samrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 15:47   #2
newboldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrainbow View Post
Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊
I'm feeling like that too a bit... am told it's being built 'now' and will be here for beginning of Sept, but why am I nervous. The Beamer goes at the end of August so worried ill be without a car...a little! Good luck...
newboldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 16:15   #3
Parvez78

Quote:
Hi
First post from me 😊
I Ordered this week, funnily enough i was also looking at the Jag F Pace, what made you go for the XC90 in the end?
Which spec did you go for?
Parvez78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 16:49   #4
andyfromembsay

Quote:
Hi
First post from me 😊
From reading lots of posts on here if the date moves at all it tends to be earlier, though now they're not putting delivery status on My Volvo (which was v pessimistic) I think dealer dates tend to be reasonably accurate.

I think the factory is on shutdown at the moment til mid-August - presumably if there's any disruption it'll be when they come back to work.

Mine's due to the dealer on 12/9 - hoping to pick up later that week, maybe six weeks today...
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 17:10   #5
Fortune7
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered back at Easter (late April), was told September then it came forward fairly quickly to June (!) but I am guessing they had some spare capacity then. My dealer kept me updated by providing copies of Volvo's 'Vista' records; a 2-page printout which had all the relevant dates and, importantly, the exact build specification / options, etc. Like others, I found omissions in early versions but was able to get these corrected before the cut-off build date.

So, if you can, ask your dealer for the latest Vista record for your car. Not sure how this works if you are leasing....

Cheers, Andy
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 17:49   #6
philsuarez

Default Waiting

I did mine via lease last week and was told 16 weeks!
philsuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 19:35   #7
Samrainbow

Thank you for all the replies!
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!
Samrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 21:34   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Thank you for all the replies!
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!
XC90 in dynamic mode v Mini Cooper S: You will be most surprised at XC90 pace, for a 2ltr 4 pot oil burner weighing the same as a house it can shift and unless you had the works special cooper S the XC90 will match it. and when you drive the XC90 it does not feel like a big car it is more carlike than SUV to drive.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 21:38   #9
neon
Premier Member

As mentioned in most cases the date comes forward, do not think I have seen anyone get one late on here.

The car is big but drives small and the 360 camera really helps a lot.

The standard sound system is very good.
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 00:25   #10
ulstrup

My T8, ordered in june is due to arrive in december......
ulstrup is offline   Reply With Quote