Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 D5, literally the worst car ever owned. Broken Again

Views : 11673

Replies : 77

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2019, 06:59   #71
jotka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
Picking up the new Q5 on Saturday.
share your thoughts about the interior look / quality, please.
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 13:07   #72
jmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotka View Post
share your thoughts about the interior look / quality, please.
Oh, it's superb. It feels very solid and crafted.

In contrast to the new A6, which has two large touch screens that upon extensive testing, whilst very techy and swish, still suffers a degree of lag for simple things like heated seats and temperature control, similar to Sensus.

Buttons for things like startstop, temperature are super nice to be getting back.

I will however find something to bitch about
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 15:41   #73
Crockers
Premier Member

What engine??
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 16:39   #74
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
What engine??
If its new there is only 1 available thanks to WLTP
RobQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 20:37   #75
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQuads View Post
If its new there is only 1 available thanks to WLTP
Is that the 2.0 TFSI?
Old Feb 24th, 2019, 01:08   #76
Superbenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmot View Post
Picking up the new Q5 on Saturday..

Got bored haggling with Volvo over mileage and pennies on a replacement car that should have just been "sorry for your inconvenience, we really want to make this up to you"
Idiots. Head back and let us know how the Q5 works out. I'm happy with my '60 but up for a change just for variety's sake.
Superbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2019, 08:51   #77
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

I've come to this thread late - I have speed read through it but apologies if what I am about to say has been covered already...

A few points:

- If you are in a lease vehicle which becomes "unacceptable" for whatever reasons, as well as going through the dealer you should involve the lease company at the earliest opportunity. Be robust with them as well, clearly state the current position and what you are willing to accept as a satisfactory resolution. The lease company will have far more clout with the dealer and manufacturer than a single customer.

- If the above fails, don't hesitate to cancel the direct debit after giving them good notice and ensuring that you have followed any escalation process in the contract and that has failed or not been resolved within timescales. Once you do that - they have to either resolve the situation or take you to court... they won't to do the latter if the car is clearly broken or was not to an acceptable standard..

- Any car with fuel smells or leaks should not be driven under any circumstances. Contrary to what your instincts may tell you, leakage of diesel fuel is substantially more dangerous than petrol (which of course is also dangerous). Diesel will spontaneously combust if spilled on a hot surface and before it reaches its boiling point. Petrol will evaporate before it spontaneously combusts.

- Whilst occasionally we read on here of problem cars, I am personally convinced that one half to two thirds of them are actually problem garages/dealers.

- Anyone fed up of Volvo and tempted by VAG, from a point of view of interior comfort and look and feel, Audi is the only marque that compares to Volvo. As me and the Mrs enter our last decade of employment and are more focused on retirement, we've changed to smaller more economical cars. She's got a new VW Golf estate and I've got a used V40 D3 to drive instead of my XC90/70. And boy I'm glad I did... the Golf is a very good car no doubt but the seats are like school assembly chairs compared to the Volvo. VAG are masters of marketing and the lower brands (Skoda, Seat, VW) are positioned so Audi has a "positive differential" otherwise no-one would pay the extra for the four circles...
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Feb 24th, 2019 at 08:55.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2019, 17:12   #78
mr rusty

Quote:
but the seats are like school assembly chairs compared to the Volvo
When you do big miles like I do this is a very important factor. I've just come out of a Citroen C5 I took to 125K - supremely comfortable, and my V90 is just as good. I have NEVER got on with VAG seats, or a lot of Far East seats either. I also hate side bolsters - I prefer a fairly flat seat.