Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Limp mode DPF codes & won`t regen, dpf pressure values?

Views : 1345

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2019, 23:09   #1
waldo78

Default Limp mode DPF codes & won`t regen, dpf pressure values?

Hi hope someone can help!
Bought a 2009 V50 1.6d Drive 113k at auction last week, drove it home approximately 30 motorway miles with no issues and then around town a few times again no issues. I was servicing it and noticed both hoses were disconnected from the dpf pressure sensor so put them back on and about 5 miles later car went into limp mode and wouldn`t go above 3000 rpm No lights or messages on dash when the hoses were disconnected and no limp mode. When I ran a diagnostic scan it showed (without any lights on dash)

2A40 Particulate trap-blocked
2A30 Particulate trap-signal too high

I cleared the codes but came back (still no Lights on dash)
Tried a forced regeneration but wouldn`t do it.

I disconeccted the negative battery terminal overnight to try reset the ecu and when I started it this morning the eml came on and I had the following
trouble codes

P2455 Diesel particulate filter
differential pressure sensor circuit high

P242F Diesel particulate filter restriction
ash acumulation

I cleared the trouble codes and the EML went out and limp mode went off.
I took the car a run and was back to normal but after about a mile back into limp mode. I scanned it again and the P2455 was gone but P242F was still there along with a new trouble code (although no EML)

P2458 Diesel Particulate filter
regeneration duration

The car is still in limp and I have taken some live readings in the hope that someone will know if the parameters are correct. I am an ex mechanic but before the days of DPF`s so not that clued up on them apart from they are a pain in the arse!

Engine warmed up, fan just came on

Coolant temp 154 degrees
DPF temp 296 degrees
DPF pressure 59 hpa at idle
DPf pressure 219 hpa at 2500 rpm (limp mode won`t rev past 3000 rpm)
fuel rail pressure 4200 psi at idle
fuel rail pressure 6600 psi at 2500 rpm

dpf pressure sensor hoses have been removed, checked and refitted, no issues.
dpf pressure sensor is the original

No trouble codes stored for the additive system although I can`t check the levels of the tank with my Autel diagnostics nor does it give a dpf blockage percentage

Any help pointing me in the direction of a new dpf or pressure sensor would be much appreciated!

Last edited by waldo78; Jan 28th, 2019 at 23:23.
waldo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2021, 15:32   #2
Tommythenodd

Waldo, did you resolve this issue? i have the same problem on my c30 1.6d, regards,
Tommythenodd is offline   Reply With Quote