Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

insurance deals

Views : 7318

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 21:15   #41
bluntyboy
Nick

Default insurance deals

Hi.Have to say that a-plan were definitely the easiest and cheapest to deal with.After purchasing a bargain 240 glt estate for £200 I thought insurance would be no problem.However after several very frustrating hours the cheapest quote I had was around the £430 mark!!!(bearing in mind my other car has a 7.2litre V8 with over 400bhp which costs me £160 a year I thought this was a tad excessive). Looked on the volvo club forum for advice and that nice man Alistair at a-plan quoted me fully comp with myself and the other half for £285.Don't usually speak highly of insurance companies but would recommend a-plan to you all.Thanks for the tip off guys.
bluntyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 10:42   #42
Al115
Premier Member

It's "Alastair" not "Alistair" apparently, there aren't many of us around!

I called A-Plan and they couldn't better Greenlight's quote, though they were very friendly and offered to shop around again. I also have to check that I am comparing "like with like"... so will do a bit more research.

Alastair (the original one)
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 15:14   #43
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Just come off the phone with Alistair at A Plan, my car renewal shot up from £342 last year to £589 as the broker said I couldn't get a discount this year for my company car driving record so only had 1 year NCB.

Alistair got me the same cover with my present insurer, Equity Redstar, for £345 which includes class 1 business use.

I had also got quotes via insurance supermarket and confused, this worked out cheapest as it include legal, which was extra on all the other quotes.

Then to top it off he got my contents and buildings cover down from £365 to £219 plus a £50 discount for having taken both policies.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 00:11   #44
Sharpey
Goes like rocket !!!

I started with A Plan last week as they were the best. I am 35 years old with 4 years NCD and drive a 97 850 T5 with Rica upgrade and a few other cheeky mods. I phoned Adrian Flux and they quoted £525 fully comp.

Tried A Plan and they came up with £459 with legal expenses. I thought this was very good to say I declared the mods and all standard insurers weren't very accommodating. I tried the usual route of Insurance supermarket etc etc but no joy so thumbs up to A Plan.

All I need now is some European Breakdown from those nice Germans at ADAC (just in case I break down at the Nurburg Ring in June). A word to the wise on this one actually. 99% of breakdown companies don't want to know about the Nurburg Ring and will not entertain you if you ring them and say that's where you have broken down. It can cost around 175 euros to be towed off so its worth getting ADAC breakdown if anyone plans on a trip (which is well worth it ).

It's not easy to get but if you look at Ben Lovejoys web site www.nurburgring.org.uk he tells you how to do it. Anyway I suppose I should start a new thread for this info as a few people might benefit from it and I am kind of going off the original insurance link (it's late !!!).

Sharpey.
Sharpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 16:25   #45
Team MIB

I would reccomend Chris Notts insurance. They gave me a superb quote and the service has been excellent as well.. cannot fault them in any way. Superb
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 23:08   #46
locky2306

Another happy "A Plan" customer here, £325 fully comp,(inc extras) with Equity Redstar. Would recommend them to other members

Last edited by locky2306; Apr 11th, 2007 at 23:10.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:42   #47
TJMurphy
VOC Member

And another happy A-Plan customer here too. Just renewed yesterday, Carly Bolton was very accommodating and was able to tailor their initial policy without extra cost (first offer wouldn't have given me any cover on other cars and had a higher excess). Saved nearly £200 on last year's insurance, legal expenses included in the price and no admin fee - both of which were added on by others. They've quoted for all mods and have told me what the increase will be when / if I put the next set on.

Chris Knott in fairness was prepared to price match but I was feeling peeved because the original renewal quote with Highway was the same price as last year. It just left a bad taste in my mouth when the insurance company quotes a non-competitive price first and then is prepared to knock nearly £200 off the quote. CK were great to deal with and if Highway hadn't been trying to gouge me the first time I'd have been more than happy to renew through them.

Tony
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 21:27   #48
Snaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team MIB View Post
I would reccomend Chris Notts insurance. They gave me a superb quote and the service has been excellent as well.. cannot fault them in any way. Superb
I have to agree. I just insured my 1997 v70 t5 for myself and my wife (29 and 31) for £335 fully comp with legal cover, in wimbledon, 10k a year, which is cheaper than my admiral renewal quote for my 1994 audi 100!!!
Snaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 00:18   #49
st5ve
S60 R

Time again to insure my 855 T5 GLE, although this time she is not standard. My quote from Hasting for renewal was around £241 fully comp with 10 yrs No Claims but they wont insure me with my modifications. Phoned A Plan and got a qoute for around £440 fully comp, £60 windscreen and £450 excess, no claims bonus protection, accident managment and all my modifications listed.
Strut Brace
MTE re map
3" Down pipe
2.5" cat back system
Poly top engine mount
Poly bushes for front lower suspension
Black Diamond grooved front discs
Predetor fast road pads front
Discs and pads rear standard
16" Volvo alloys from V70 phase 2 T5
Stainless steel braided brake hoses
I am 39 and car is parked on road is this a good deal?
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 15:05   #50
st5ve
S60 R

Default Adrian Flux

Just got a fantastic deal with Adrian Flux on car insurance.
as per all the modifications in last post and lower car by 30mm the price is £359 fully comp, that is £81 cheaper than A plan, on excess Adrian Flux is £150 and A plan was £450 excess £300 cheaper.
Cover includes NCB protection, courtesy car, legal cover, replace like for like, agreed value on car, £400 on ice.
Cover is with Equity Red Star.
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote