Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cassette Stuck in a 802?

Views : 624

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:06   #1
ramz

Default Cassette Stuck in a 802?

in the stero in my 440, an 802 i think? is a tape that wont budge, the button wont go all the way in, just doesnt do what it should do. anyone any ideas how i can get it unstuck?so i wont be stuck listening to the radio till september.

cheers, ramz
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:28   #2
ebdl
At ease!

You could try using a blunt (i.e. dinner) knife or something else non-bendy and flat to see if you can get it under the cassette and lever it out. Other than that, I suspect your only other option might be to remove the stereo and dismantle it...

[goes to find old 802 unit]

...it looks like you'd need a fairly small torx driver to take the radio apart.

If the worst comes to the worst you could always buy my old 802 (perfectly functional) for £15!

Cheers, Ed
ebdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 23:03   #3
ramz

cheers, dude, i shall see if other things work first, am getting a new cd player, so sorry i shant be buying yours!....

where would i get some of them things to the radio out with? halfords?
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 23:54   #4
ebdl
At ease!

Yes, the U-shaped removal tools can be had from Halfords for under a fiver. Some manufacturers (Blaupunkt for certain) use the same removal tool, so you might get the right ones free with your new CD player - worth checking first.
ebdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 16:54   #5
ramz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdl
You could try using a blunt (i.e. dinner) knife or something else non-bendy and flat to see if you can get it under the cassette and lever it out. Other than that, I suspect your only other option might be to remove the stereo and dismantle it...

[goes to find old 802 unit]

...it looks like you'd need a fairly small torx driver to take the radio apart.

If the worst comes to the worst you could always buy my old 802 (perfectly functional) for £15!

Cheers, Ed
well i got the tape i had stuck in there out, and for some odd reason it was just stuck on fast forward, withou a tatpe in there, i managed to get a tape back in there and test it, is one of these mp3 convertory thingys, just wouldnt play it.

so got that tape out, put in a normal tape to see if fast forwarding would help. nope, just clunks even worse now.

so went to halfords to get a rool to take it out, took it out after some screaming and shouting . now we dont have a torx screwdriver thingy small enough to take it apart to try to fix it, but i feel its just broke.

so edbl, if its still avaiable can i take you up on your offer of the palyer, to save me and my fiance' having to listen to the radio all the way down to somerset and back.

15 quid in total?please let me know as soon as possible, am going next monday!cheers, matt