Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Remote (Start) Heated Seats & Wheel

Views : 1369

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2018, 20:25   #11
tj2k

6 degrees today - they still didn't come on.. Will try again tomorrow :-0
tj2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 20:36   #12
WhatNext?

Settings> Climate

Choose the options you want

This how it is on my car
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 09:14   #13
tj2k

Ok, so 3 degrees this morning, auto heat set - engine remote starts fine & I let it run for 12/13 mins & go check it...

Drivers Seat & wheel stone cold & haven't come on at all.

The temp at the car in the app says it's 3 degrees - so:

1) I'm either using it wrongly (user error!)
2) They've changed the logic on how this function operates on MY19 cars (I doubt it)
3) Mine has a glitch / fault?

Have included screen shots. it feels as if I'm just not using the car correctly - but tell me if I'm wrong? (please! )

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/attac...1&d=1537863038

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1870.jpg (73.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1872.jpg (112.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1871.jpg (132.0 KB, 33 views)
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 09:34   #14
tj2k

Interestingly - the app said the car was 3 degrees C but that's gone by the location / weather!?

The cars dash said 12 degrees (it was in the garage - but I opened the door to the garage before starting the car with a view to ensuring the garage was cool - hence the notification covering the location) - I'll bet that's it...
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 09:34   #15
weemark

First frost of the year this morning over towards Newtown (2 degrees) - bits and bobs came on as expected on my xc90 (front/rear screen, drivers seat and wheel)
weemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 10:20   #16
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2k View Post
Interestingly - the app said the car was 3 degrees C but that's gone by the location / weather!?

The cars dash said 12 degrees (it was in the garage - but I opened the door to the garage before starting the car with a view to ensuring the garage was cool - hence the notification covering the location) - I'll bet that's it...
I believe you are correct here in that it’s the Cars temperature that is the key variable. Try parking it outside tonight as today’s Shropshire Star has another sub 10C coming up tonight!
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 12:17   #17
tj2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I believe you are correct here in that it’s the Cars temperature that is the key variable. Try parking it outside tonight as today’s Shropshire Star has another sub 10C coming up tonight!
Yes, that's what I did - parked it outside, left it for an hour - checked the car's temp & it'd dropped to 9C - so did a remote start & bingo, they do both come on.

Do you know if I leave heated seats on whilst driving, save the profile settings to the key & then lock the profile from further change - will the seats/wheel come on every time I get in the car (with the auto-start setting still set / ticked) owing to the profile setting? Or - does the Auto-Start override the heated seat/wheel setting from last on as per the profile??

Tough to explain what I mean - hopefully thats clear enough!?
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 16:57   #18
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Are you saying you want them to come on everytime you start the car regardless of ambient temp.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 17:39   #19
tj2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Are you saying you want them to come on everytime you start the car regardless of ambient temp.
Inclusive of remote start yes.

I can get them to come on every time I start the engine manually / traditionally - my question is - does the auto-heated option part (which is governed by the <9c qualifier on remote start) inhibit them being on when I start the engine manually - regardless of ambient temperature...
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 20:36   #20
tj2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
This is what it says in your Volvo manual. It works for me>........

The same works for the steering wheel. Whether you remote start or manually start, it works when the ambient temperature is below a certain level.
“Your” Volvo manual not ours, not the Volvo manual - nicely done 😁