Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CEM module concerns.

Views : 404

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2020, 11:43   #1
Stellaman94

Default CEM module concerns.

I'm having 2 issues that haunt me all the time.

My ELM327 dongle with torque Pro only throws up an

"EGR position sensor circuit 'A' " code
Has this before, changed it car then ran in full whack power, rescanned, code still shows, tried deleting, battery disconnected, still there.

However I borrowed a friend's snap-on and got 2 worrying codes (some reason the EGR code doesn't exist on the snap on, strange right)

I got a:

"1F00 ECM, software, faulty signal"

scanner said it was from the CEM if I read it correctly.

I also have a

"3000 camshaft position (CMP) sensor, faulty signal

Am I right to believe the 1st code is causing all the grief with my accelerator pedal, the car revs up now and again and I get a huge throttle delay, I've tried numerous pedals to no success (the man at the scrapyard was generous to let me try to see what works and what didnt) none were really effective in curing the issue.

My other symptom I have is that my radio pops and cuts off but the display stays on, that's very intermittent.

I have a late 07 D5, am I right in thinking the CEMs kicked the bucket or could be something so minor, I've disconnected all connections to the cem and used contact cleaner but to no avail.

Scratching my head here as I understand you can't just source a 2nd hand one and reprogram that as its 'unique' to the vehicle it came from.
Stellaman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 13:49   #2
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Hi.
To me, reading this sounds like you`re confusing yourself between the CEM and the ECM.
This is not CEM related . It is a signal issue between the camshaft position sensor and the ECM. Checks to make are the location / cleanliness of the ECM in its mounting box and the pins on the cam sensor = resistance and 5V to ground.
It`s also possible that it is cambelt related. The belt may be loose or momentarily jumps. This could cause the above codes.
The ECM 1F00 code could be historical & suggests a software upgrade or remap.
An EGR change or sensor change involves an adaptation in VIDA. Probably why the code remains.
VOLVOBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 15:25   #3
Stellaman94

I've attached an image of the screen that I took, you can see why I probably confused it with the CEM, however I will say this car does feeeel fast but maybe its just it in its natural state.

Edit: I'm having trouble uploading it for some reason, I keep getting a failure to upload message.

Last edited by Stellaman94; Aug 9th, 2020 at 15:41.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 15:54   #4
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Probably the size of the image.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 19:15   #5
Stellaman94

You was right, I just downloaded an image compressor on Google play and it worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200808_184948_compress70.jpg (194.6 KB, 16 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 19:42   #6
Cento16v

1F00 is a Remap code.

Will be logged in DIM as well.
Cento16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 20:36   #7
Stellaman94

If it is truly mapped then is there anyway to find out what new figures it has? I bought the car the way it was and have never taken it to be mapped before, the power is immense but I assumed that's because its just a 2.4L 5 cylinder diesel.

It pulls hard all the way to redline and will reach 140 no problems.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 21:27   #8
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Certainly sounds like it`s been mapped. A bog standard car will pull like a steamtrain but will run out of puff ( sorry) at the top end.
If you are giving it the full can of beans i`d be worried about that cambelt.
It`s a D5. If it fails = bye-bye engine. The auxillary and pulleys need to be spot on too.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 22:45   #9
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellaman94 View Post
If it is truly mapped then is there anyway to find out what new figures it has? I bought the car the way it was and have never taken it to be mapped before, the power is immense but I assumed that's because its just a 2.4L 5 cylinder diesel.

It pulls hard all the way to redline and will reach 140 no problems.
Yes put the car on a dyno,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 23:37   #10
Stellaman94

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOBOY View Post
Certainly sounds like it`s been mapped. A bog standard car will pull like a steamtrain but will run out of puff ( sorry) at the top end.
If you are giving it the full can of beans i`d be worried about that cambelt.
It`s a D5. If it fails = bye-bye engine. The auxillary and pulleys need to be spot on too.
The top end on mine sounds horrible anyways, I bought the car off a mechanic I know who was in the process of doing it up but I bought it off him for a cheap price as I'm quite good at sourcing cheap parts and being handy with a spanner.

Im aware of the issue if the aux belt snaps there's a good chance it'll take the cambelt with it. I'll check the timing marks when I get some time to myself, Ill also double check if all the relevant work has been done like you said.