Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My Yellow T5R for sale

Views : 4090

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 13:33   #11
Axionknight
Premier Member

Ouch, mind you, yellow ones do attract a fair premium..... In honesty, thats the cheapest yellow one I've ever seen available for sale, the others were £3000 and £4700. : o
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 13:55   #12
Richard Volvo T5R

Hi

That other thread was not set up by myself but yes I am looking for £2500 for it although the ebay reserve is set lower.

If anyboday uses vpuk website would you post a link to this thread on there for me so I can clarify some of the mis information on that thread - In my ebay history is the other car on my drive which I bought as a non runner and have since taken the time to repair and get back on the road. This auto has always run well.

I will answer any questions - Yes there is a little rust on the tailgate as showing on teh ebay picture and alao a little under the rear wheelarch which I also tried to show in the picture but this can't be seen when looking straight at the car you have to actually look under the wheelarch to see it. Other than this the car is in really good condition and drives great.
Richard Volvo T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Volvo T5R For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 16:48   #13
jonnyv
Master Member

Yes Axion, I knew it was not the same car the guy is selling, but pricing is often there or thereabouts. The exception was the big money one.

It's true the Gul ones command a big premium over other colours! Do you think it's worth it??
jonnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 17:22   #14
Axionknight
Premier Member

I would personally pay more for a yellow one if I were to buy another T5-R yes, althought my missus would likely kick me into the spare room or something, she moans enough about the black one I'm currently in the process of selling. :P

Yourself?
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 00:35   #15
jonnyv
Master Member

Likely, but the price differential is too much really.....for the same car! Love the Gul's, had a black T5 till recently but fave is the green!
Sticking with my V70 load lugger at mo. as there was a claim back in 2009 that was shared responsibility and buggers a double car insurance for a good few months yet! Won't shed the V70 as it's too good at it's day to day, so just the one for a while!
Doesn't stop me star gazing though!lol!

Jon
jonnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyv For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 00:39   #16
Axionknight
Premier Member

Well I'm 23 years old so I feel your pain insursnce wise, my T5-R is £1600 a year and my C30 is £800!! If I come back from the UAE I'll plump for another 850 without a doubt, black or yellow, dont mind which, aslong as it's a manual (even if I have to convert it myself)!!

Not a fan of the green myself in honesty, or the red 850R, not sure why.... But just not my thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Axionknight For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 16:54   #17
Richard Volvo T5R

quick bump - This has not sold via ebay - I am still selling the car and if anyboday wants to view or make an offer I will consider anything over £2000

Thanks

Richard
Richard Volvo T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 13:40   #18
Stu T5-R

Default So I bought it!!

I'm an old member as I joined a while ago when I bought my previous (other - he says sheepishly) T5-R.

I am therefore dissapointed with myself for not having thought about looking on the forum (as suggested above) to see what the members thought about the car. I suppose if I'm honest I didn't think it would have been talked about specifically.

So anyhow, now it's mine!! I was going to register it on the register but wondered whether I should since Richard may have done also. And what about if and when I come to sell it (or the other one he says sheepishly again!). How do I delete it from the register, and do others keep it updated?

It's only about a week ago when I went on eBay to look for calipers for mine and accidentally bought a whole car. Fortunately I was able to get some calipers off Richard so it kind of came good (or so I told the wife).

Last night however I went back on eBay to look for another few bits, turbo for the green one and a spare alloy for the yellow one......then saw the black one!! I'd been joking on Monday with the mate who got me into the T5-Rs that I should go for the full set and hey presto the missing one is listed!!

So shall I?......
Stu T5-R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stu T5-R For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 13:59   #19
Axionknight
Premier Member

The black estate for sale is mine, so I whole heartedly support your desire to own the set! :-P
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 14:01   #20
Stu T5-R

I figured so much from the login i.d. and ebay username....

So it's gonna cost me about £1000....and a divorce.....

....and then I'll start wondering whether I'm supposed to have the 3 saloons too if I'm ever going to be taken seriously!!

If only I had a big garage!!
Stu T5-R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stu T5-R For This Useful Post: