Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG on a Volvo is the best vehicle on it.

Views : 1423

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:32   #1
scotty1973

Default LPG on a Volvo is the best vehicle on it.

Hi to everybody running lpg. I am a new member and I couldn't resist reading the threads. A bit of back ground about myself. I run a uklpg registered business in somerset and am millbrook trained on koltec necam sytems. My particular interest is in the big 'swedes' as i am currently on my fourth T5 which have all run lpg in my ownership. Between the cars I have done and accumlative mileage in excess of 200 000 miles with only one plug failure and one lpg injector failure.
My current car is a 1995 t5r running a rica remap, bsr large down pipe and sytem with their induction kit and prins vsi lpg with the latest software. This is the best one so far with seamless performance and a real mpg of 19 to 20 around town and up to 26 mpg on a run. I run the car everyday as its so cheap to use and as a recent trip to reading proved with achieving better calculated economy than my wifes 02 focus tdci over the same trip. Although i do look after the car it is very often used in anger as its so addictive and just has to be done because its big, yellow and still does the business!!!!!!
scotty1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 22:34   #2
jork45

Smile

Hi Scotty welcome to th forum mate,I also love the big swedes and could not bear to part with it
jork45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 23:43   #3
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Hi and welcome.

I run a V70r awd 1998 which has BRC lpg fitted with ?Konig? injectors. Runs pretty nice and just changed the filter after finding out my local Autogas garage wanted £120 to service. Clearly they do a lot more but my knowledge and pocket runs to a filter. lol.

It's a cracking system and runs super-smooth with no noticeable power losses. Was gonna fit a chipped ECU but unsure how it would work with the LPG. TBH, I never take it off and even start on LPG (prob naughty).

Shame you aren't closer as be good to pop in for a chat. Hope you enjoy the forum, they're a friendly bunch here.
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 00:02   #4
Orca2
I've Been Banned

Hi Scotty,and welcome, I know what you mean about the T5 you just have to give them their freedom some days, " honest Mr Plod it just ran away with me"
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 14:10   #5
d4athv4der

I also have an 'ex plod' 2003 T5, running LPG though the lesser Stag system. That said, It's caused no direct problems, costs 65p per litre here, and that means money wise I achieve the petrol equivalent of between 40 and 42 mpg (coverting money the lpg cost against price of petrol etc...) £31 fills my tank, which gives me 215-245 miles.... i'll let you check the maths!!
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 19:40   #6
scotty1973

Its good to hear others enjoying the T5's it has always been in my experience the most straight forward conversion to get right. I have run 3 850's including standard, 850r and the current T5R and a 1998 v70r awd which all but the first one still live locally on gas and have done big miles. We have done a 340 carb 740, 760, 850 ,960, S60, v70 and XC90 and they have all been a pleasure to do.
I have always avoided the k jet cars as they all are a pain in the backside to get right having experimented within the vw range. I did have an old 760 turbo for a while already converted on a mixer system but you could only ever have great economy or loads of power and no happy medium, wasn't too bothered because the car only cost £400!!! Its a shame the koltec equipped cars are quirky but then they had to comply to strict emmisions testing. I run a transit on the same set up which is blinding at 230000 miles but the volvos always seem good or completely poor with no happy medium. I sold the v70r over two years ago and regretted it so just had to have another T5 which although has been a pain in the bum at times is an old car so has to be tolerated!
scotty1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 22:27   #7
Ben '71 1200

PM'd you, Scotty
Ben '71 1200 is offline   Reply With Quote