Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

X Reg S40 T4, needs some TLC

Views : 872

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 16:55   #1
Haizum74
Master Member

Default X Reg S40 T4, needs some TLC

Ok, its with a heavy heart that I have decided to put Sheila up for sale. I have had her a year and spent enough on her which I know I won't get back but in the time I have had her I have (nearly) enjoyed every minute of driving her.

Manual 2000 Phase II in Atlantic Metallic Blue, full creme (beige) leather seats, heated at front, front and rear electric windows, 121,453 miles (will go up slightly), 2 months Tax, 8 months MOT

So, since I have had her she has had

2 x New Calipers front and rear offside
Droplinks done
Handbrake Cable done
2 x Oil changes (done myself)
Spark Plugs changed (Bosch)
Pipercross Panel Filter (forgot about that)
Oil Return Pipe 'O' ring and gasket replaced
Heater Motor Transistor replaced (done myself)
New Cabin Air Filter
2 x rear tyres replaced about 800 miles ago
2 x Indicators replaced (were looking tatty)
New thermostat
She has some service history and some receipts for various bits and pieces.

Unfortunately she is suffering with a knackered turbo and I was going to get that done with a recon next week, however someone decided to run up the back of me at traffic lights and the repairs require a new bumper and a new cross member which should be done (hopefully) next week as liability has been confirmed.
She also needs a bit of TLC on the body work as two wings are rusty. I have sourced a replacement wing for the nearside, just needs offside front and rear sorting. Usual few scratches for a car of her age too.

Electrical wise everything works, cruise works, heater works, radio works, air con works apart from needing regassing, windows work, mirrors work etc.

She could be a great car again but I have just lost enthusiasm with her unfortunately although I am still not sure if I am doing the right thing selling her but there we go.

So price wise, £550 ono. You may ask why I dont just sell her for parts. Well I havent got a garage or drive for one and two she shouldnt have to if someone wants to get her back up and running.

Photos

Last edited by Haizum74; Mar 24th, 2012 at 17:02.
Haizum74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 13:32   #2
Haizum74
Master Member

Ok car off sale, 20% Deposit taken from Slevin to pick up by 9 April. Cheers
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 08:14   #3
Haizum74
Master Member

Car now sold to Slevin

'08 V50 2.0D