Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your S80/V70/XC70 today?

Views : 519848

Replies : 485

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2016, 21:55   #11
tt82
Forum Support Team

Wash
De tar
Wash
Clay Bar
Polish
Wax
Black trim dressed

Ready to win the BKV now!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2016, 21:48   #12
RM955I
Premier Member

Default icarsoft i906

I snapped one of these up used on eBay for £56! I was expecting the usual eBay bidding war but no! I got it.

This evening I read all modules, cleared a load of stored DTCs and best of all, all I had to do was take it out of the box, run an update, plug it in and bingo...no messing about with virtual machines, registry hacks or buying "Pro" copies of Windows. I plugged it in...it worked and with no need to even read the instructions. Fantastic. It also gives live data streams which is useful.

I know it doesn't have all of the functionality of VIDA/DICE but it's so easy and hassle free.

Now I've cleared everything I can check it in a week just to check everything. The only thing that jumped out at me was a low turbo boost DTC but there's no engine check light on and it might explain why I found a receipt in the pile that came with it, for a new turbo hose.
Old Jul 15th, 2016, 20:37   #13
Mikeredshaw

Smile

Filled it to the brim with all the stuff I'd collected teaching in the same school, ready to transport some of it to my new job.
Felt good!
:-)
Mikeredshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2016, 20:38   #14
Mikeredshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeredshaw View Post
Filled it to the brim with all the stuff I'd collected teaching in the same school, ready to transport some of it to my new job.
Felt good!
:-)
ha ha ... meant to say teaching in the same school for the last 22 years!
Mikeredshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2016, 21:48   #15
MercedesDriver
Love Earth - Drive Petrol

Wheels balance and alignment. Now it's much better car than it was yesterday.
Old Jul 15th, 2016, 23:10   #16
tt82
Forum Support Team

I think it would be better if I stated what I haven't done!

Old Jul 15th, 2016, 23:23   #17
Sasha94
The Dumb Blonde

I sold it

Thank god!!
Old Jul 19th, 2016, 22:37   #18
RM955I
Premier Member

Went over it with my Bilt Hamber clay bar - just use with water: no over-priced 'clay bar lubricant' needed. Does exactly what it says - gets reddish brown streaks as it lifts contaminants out of the paint. You can feel the paint getting smoother with each successive pass. Gave it a quick wash and then waxed it.

Only £11 and worth every penny compared to the over-priced stuff in Halfords. Other (cheap) clay bars have 'marred' the paint on other cars in the past meaning you have to follow with a polish - not this stuff. Use it, wash the car, wax - job done.

Now the paint has that lovely glass feeling under the fingertips...I'm not one of those saddo 'detailers' but I do love that glass smooth feel when you run your fingers over a freshly clay-ed car. Finish with a coat of wax (Turtle Original Hardshell - because that's what I have had knocking around: that or Ice wax) and it's gleaming.

I keep hearing good things about the Autoglym wax.....but £45 quid for a small pot! You must be joking.
Old Jul 27th, 2016, 14:30   #19
tt82
Forum Support Team

Well in the last 3 weeks I have replaced the Turbo > Intercooler and Intercooler > Intake Boost pipes with do88 silicon pipes and Mikalor clamps. I also replaced the Turbo Resanator pipes with do88 silicon pipes. I have replaced the pressure sensor on the intercooler. Whilst having half of the front of the car dismantled, I gave everything a good clean and addressed the rust issues on the bottom radiator support.

At the same time I also removed the pipe leading from the EGR valve to Intake Manifold and removed all the gunk. I also cleaned up the EGR valve at the same time and did what I could with the intake manifold.

After reassembling everything I had an issue with hot running which turned out to be the radiator fans not working. Cleaned the connections and all was good.

Then last Friday the battery failed. I've now fitted a Bosch S5 010 battery.

It's been a busy and expensive few weeks.

Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 09:35   #20
Billggski

Having bought a 64gb usb stick to download the sat nav update. It Worked eventually although the main dealer hadn't a clue.
I thought I would use it to store my cd's and play them through the infotainment system
500 CD's later I have only used one third of it's capacity!
So that's 1,500 albums in a device smaller than my thumbnail!
My wife can't now complain that she hasn't got anything to listen to in the car! ��
Billggski is offline   Reply With Quote