Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New V90 D5 powerpulse AWD Inscription

Views : 672

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2019, 17:44   #1
Ianandrew

Default New V90 D5 powerpulse AWD Inscription

I have had my car for about 6 weeks now and have a number of issues that may be due to driver error or due to a fault with the car. I'd love to share observations with other owners about faults or their experience generally. Issues such as:

1.when the engine choses to cut out
2.inability to access various functions when towing
3.problems shutting the tailgate
4.accessing performance data and mpg
5.fuel/diesel consumption figures
6.the red danger impact wa rning light

I'd love to hear from people - its a great car with a huge number of features but I worry about reliability and whether everything is working as it should.
Ianandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 18:02   #2
Giles1234

Ha! The start / stop function is a mystery to us all!!
I haven’t had a towbar fitted but I understand that the rear facing sensors and bliss is disabled so as not to send erroneous warnings that there is another vehicle right behind you.
I haven’t had any problems apart from the boot is very full and it needs a little extra shove to squeeze the contents in. And then there is the accidental closing of the boot on your head while loading!
From the app in the central console. Swipe right to access the apps and launch mpg data app
On average, I get about 40mpg. More on a motorway run if I stick to 70 mph ish
City Safety has various levels of sensitivity. Is that what you mean?
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 18:34   #3
Ianandrew

Ha! The start / stop function is a mystery to us all!! This is worrying!
I haven’t had a towbar fitted but I understand that the rear facing sensors and bliss is disabled so as not to send erroneous warnings that there is another vehicle right behind you.
I haven’t had any problems apart from the boot is very full and it needs a little extra shove to squeeze the contents in. And then there is the accidental closing of the boot on your head while loading! This happened to me - the underside leg kick thing can be sensitive!
From the app in the central console. Swipe right to access the apps and launch mpg data app. Thanks - this is only fir cumulative data and rather basic?
On average, I get about 40mpg. More on a motorway run if I stick to 70 mph ish Yes I agree
City Safety has various levels of sensitivity. Is that what you mean? Yes I guess it is

My main beef is that you cant speak to customer service people and the dealers dont seem to be very technical either.

My latest problem is that when i go onto My Volvo in my coomputer I cant seem to access the car manual anymore?!
Ianandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 19:17   #4
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianandrew View Post
My main beef is that you cant speak to customer service people and the dealers dont seem to be very technical either.

My latest problem is that when i go onto My Volvo in my coomputer I cant seem to access the car manual anymore?!
Dealers vary, mine is very good. If they don't know the answer, which is seldom, then they do their research and get back to me later.

I agree the changed Volvo ID is poor, but you can find your manual here
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/manuals
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizzpop For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 19:24   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

When you connect up a trailer with the Volvo software installed the car is adapted for towing.
Reverse beepers are disabled along with Bliss, (Bliss would see a wide trailer and activate all the time) as well as "coasting" in eco mode, stop start, and pilot assist are disabled, (so driver is always in control) (adaptive or standard cruise control still work) cars fog lights are turned off, the cars trailer stability system is turned on, they may be other adaptions I cant think of at the moment but it is a really good system. 360 or Rear view camera has a trailer line to make hooking up a doddle.
There is also an auto trailer lamp check.

You can alter the distance that the red warning light comes on via the steering wheel distance buttons, reduce the number of bars to stop the light coming on until closer to car in front. Increase the bars to give earlier warnings at a greater distance.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Sep 20th, 2019 at 19:30.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: