Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Intellisafe update

Views : 6476

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2019, 23:26   #1
Premier Member

Default Intellisafe update

I am about to take my V90 CC in for its second annual service in a few weeks time and have been asked if I would like upgrade/update the Intellisafe system at an additional cost of £75.
Has anybody on here had this upgrade and know what new features it offers?
My car is not fitted with BLIS and has just the standard safety package, so I think it will only be the oncoming lane mitigation that applies to my car.
I know this was mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, but I was just wondering if anyone had any direct experience of it.

Last edited by 60041; Nov 9th, 2019 at 23:59.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2019, 23:59   #2
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60041 View Post
I am about to take my V90 CC in for its second annual service in a few weeks time and have been asked if I would like upgrade/update the Intellisafe system at an additional cost of £75.
My car is not fitted with BLIS and has just the standard safety package.
I doubt whether you will get BLIS as an upgrade at a sensible price because it probably need new mirror glasses at the very least. Does your car have Pilot Assist?
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 00:03   #3
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I doubt whether you will get BLIS as an upgrade at a sensible price because it probably need new mirror glasses at the very least. Does your car have Pilot Assist?
I was not expecting BLIS as I know that there is quite a bit of hardware involved; my previous car had it.
I do have Pilot Assist which is, I think, standard on V90’s.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 01:51   #4
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
I was not expecting BLIS as I know that there is quite a bit of hardware involved; my previous car had it.
I do have Pilot Assist which is, I think, standard on V90’s.
Then there is the possibility of getting all the other features added to model year 18 and 19, including on-coming vehicle crash mitigation, off-road steering correction and possibly a couple of others. The price may vary according to what is available for different cars, both by age and by hardware fitted. The software costs about £35 per module apparently, plus the labour time to install. So at a guess, not much is involved if it costs only £75 including VAT. What it does supply just might save your life one day though.
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 18:37   #5
GTA SOL

Could this not be the oft talked about upgrade to the Intelesafe system - linking the pilot assist to the sat nav so the speed is adjusted when going round bends?
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 02:43   #6
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA SOL View Post
Could this not be the oft talked about upgrade to the Intelesafe system - linking the pilot assist to the sat nav so the speed is adjusted when going round bends?
I doubt it. Mapping and sat-nav accuracy need to be spot-on for that. I reckob this will not be implemented on the current generation but on the next, which will have a Google based operating system and mapping.
Could be wrong though, as this is more speculation than fact.
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 11:27   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I doubt it. Mapping and sat-nav accuracy need to be spot-on for that.
Actually PA with satnav assist (PA3) is available as an option on some models such as the S60/V60 MY20:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-516522/2020

It's not available for XC90s unfortunately.
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 11:42   #8
Fursty Ferret

It's on my MY19 V60. I'd quite like the curve assist feature but Volvo say they have no plans to add it as a retrofit option. Potentially this is because MY20 may have a better GPS receiver, but I suspect more so to encourage new purchases.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 15:00   #9
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
My car is not fitted with BLIS and has just the standard safety package, so I think it will only be the oncoming lane mitigation that applies to my car.
I know this was mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, but I was just wondering if anyone had any direct experience of it.
I've just had my V90 Inscription done, the car has BLIS and already had 'run off mitigation' installed so I understand three updates were installed. Interestingly, the update was done OTA with the car on the dealer's car park and connected to the Volvo server, taking only a few minutes.

The published price of £75 is negotiable, I utilised my owners club discount that is supported by the dealer and together with their customer loyalty and goodwill offering, I was VERY pleased with the eventual cost!

Hopefully I'll never get to use any of it but it's nice having peace of mind that the car has the most up to date Intellisafe software in place.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 18:42   #10
neon
Premier Member

Default More Info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JsgmXD9Vg